View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
jj

Default Re: Hockey in Canada - video (incl.Lightfoot)

some nice footage just like used at the opening night in toronto montage

big oversight in that piece was going from Foster to Cole and just tons (always too much) of Bowen, imo....i grew up on Bill Hewitt, where were his calls? perhaps one

at least they had a bit of Paul Morris on the PA...no Ralph Fraser on organ

yeah, these pieces are for the new blood and younger adult folks or at least the last 15-20 years era of Cherry, MacLean, Cole, etc...

Gallivan, great stuff and didn't hear Dick Irvin....what about Roger Doucette?

imo, best footage was young Orr interviewed by Ward Cornell (a young Cashman was beside Bobby)

yes, to me, HNIC is about the Cornell's, Bob Goldham (Goldie), Jack Dennet, Dave Hodge, etc...Peter Puck? Showdown? (came long before the shootout)

the coffee table books and montages are nice, but the entire documentary is in my head.... long with char's and millions of others across the land...lands

btw, i would have to read the lyrics but i didn't see the soundtrack suiting the vibe of the images and adrenalin in my veins....too bad HNIC theme couldn't be used ...they don't even use the contest winner's version anymore...it's all a racket

i looked forward to road games on radio on sunday nights listening to another Hewitt, Doug....great for trying "not" to keep focused on schoolwork, lol

and the weeknight games (usually Weds) on CHCH usually made the schoolday go by slowly...we played "closest to the wall" and "leaners" during recess without our bubble gum OpeeChee cards...our hands were frozen as we traded, lol...

i think an image of Habs#4 represents to magic, or Bower, etc...but not a kiss to Gilmour from Cherry...that's more a Coaches Corner overused salute

atleast Dougie was wearing Dave Hodges old blazer

congrats CBC...if it wasn't for your success with HNIC, our taxes would be even higher....lol

ps) my first game at MLG was Leaf win over Rangers, 3-1...1967...i got Bob Nevin and John Ratelle (he had scored) signing my programme....i was most fascinated by the gondola and stairs and the camera guys covering the play...and those Leaf lady ushers in form fitting suit Blue were stunning, even to a 5 year old

Last edited by jj; 02-03-2013 at 06:31 PM.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote