View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
dray7austin

Default Concert Souvenirs

Although a longtime Gordon Lightfoot fan, unfortunately the first time I ever saw him play was here in Austin in June, 2007. Gordon mentioned to the audience that he hadn't played Austin in: My wife heard 18 years. I heard 25 years. Does anyone know the correct answer? But finally getting to see him play here in 2007, I was looking forward to picking up a concert program, T-shirt or a tour poster. I was very surprised that there was no merchandise booths. The same goes for this year and 2009 when he returned to Austin. Does anyone have an idea when Gordon stopped selling merch at his shows? Any other singer I really wouldn't mind. Because shirts and programs are usually so overpriced. But for Gordon I do wish he had something. Now that being said, maybe he realizes that it's easier touring without all that extra responsibility. But I really wish the tour poster I saw last week for 50 Years on the Carefree HighwayTour were available at an affordable price to the public. Just really wondering other's thoughts and when the tours no longer sold merch. Oh yes! And the last time Gordon played Austin before 2007. Thank you!!!!
dray7austin is offline   Reply With Quote