View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #28
Borderstone

Default Re: "You have a bad day!"

Okay,this will be attempt #2 at posting this.

Now the title of this thread is "You Have a Bad Day" right? Well today is quite the opposite! This has actually been kind of a "lucky" day,here's why.

1. First bus took the coin & bill box wasn't working,that ride was free.

2. Second bus: Said "Halo" to the driver (instead of hello). She found it funny and gaver me a bus pass for $1 off. Same bus,found 50cents on a seat,so my ride to the record store was only a buck!

3. Got to the store called "Bookmans" which seels used music,books & other things. I grabbed 6,count 'em! ; 6 of the albums I needed.
That's not the best part though,when I got to the regster,the cashier informed me after tallying everything that i had just won their "in store' contest and that my merchandise would be "FREE!" It even says so on the the receipt!

So,what would have easily cost me $20,didn't. Here's what I got :

"Close Up" - Frankie Valli (1975) w/ #1 hit "My Eyes Adored You".
"Calypso" - Harry Belafonte (1957 & in perfect shape)
"The Hermit Of Mink Hollow" - Todd Rundgren
"Voices In The Sky" - The Moody Blues (A 1980s "best of" collection)

On cassette:
"Hysteria" - Def Leppard (1987/88)
"Dr. Feelgood" - Motley Crue
I also bought one 45rpm from 1988 by a group called Bourgeois Tagg (Bush-wah Tahg),their 1988 hit called "I Don't Mind At All".

Free stuff? No...I Don't Mind At All! LOL!

Anyhow,that takes me down to 30 albums (I got my last Elton John back last night too and before that Elton's "The Fox", Chicago 16 & an 80s group called Breathe).

Oh,almost forgot #4.... I got this PC right away when I swiped my card.

Last edited by Borderstone; 05-18-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote