View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #12
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: discussion forum error reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveski View Post
is there a way to change the time zone in your profile?
Mende for reasons best known to Florian his new set up seems to be fixated on GMT which is also broadly speaking
UT Universal Time which that li nked wiki elaborates on as:-
"In 1928 the term Universal Time was adopted internationally as a more precise term than Greenwich Mean Time, because the GMT could refer to either an astronomical day starting at noon or a civil day starting at midnight. However, the term Greenwich Mean Time persists in common usage to this day in reference to civil timekeeping"
having endured the effects of your local time recently I can see the problems associated with standiing on ones head
I
which is inevitably going to disorientate you and unfortunarely you must suffer since for the world at large and native born Brits in particular
GMT/UTmakes perfect sense.
As to what you can do about it I can only logically suggest that you MOVE
to somewhere that is 0 degrees which I realise does not give you much choice

How does Nigeria sound??
I have it on good authority that there are many unclaimed bank accounts there and/or illicitly secreted profits all there for the grabbing, all you need is a bank account and a large dollop of gullibiity!!!

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote