View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #22
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: U.K. 2016 TOUR!!!!!!He's going back to Royal Albert Hall !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul (PJB) View Post
Early this morning I bought The Sunday Times from the local shop as usual. The Culture section contains an advert for the tour. I have Royal Albert Hall and Southend-on-Sea tickets, but it still seems slightly surreal.
Because Paul failed to scan and display the advert I tried without success to find it online .. but I did find

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/19/gordon-lightfoot-lives which no doubt Char has already referenced here, but I don't remember seeing the final comment before so I thought it was worth displaying now
"On Thursday, the Canadian news media (not to mention the general population of the Twitterverse) was abuzz with apparent news that Mr. Lightfoot, 71, the smooth-voiced singer-songwriter of"Sundown" and “Carefree Highway,” had died while on tour."
A little article that ends knowledgably with
"Mr. Lightfoot, meanwhile, has walked away like a movie star who gets burned in a three-way script, whatever that means."

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote