View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
2silent2breal

Default Re: POLL: Best overall segment from BBC Live '71

I reserve the right to change my answers after the next time I watch/listen.Looking at the setlist in advance, some of these are probably not the ones I would have expected:

1. Saturday Clothes-Always liked the song but not one I've had high on my playlist over th years. The guitar work by Red Shea here was exquisite. I am listening to this over and over.
2. Steel Rail Blues-Gord looked like he was having so much fun singing this and though the instrumentation is a little more subdued on this one, Rick Hayne's bass is amazing.
3. Summer Side-I loved the variations and additions in the lyrics. Gord's guitar and vocals were riveting. I know he said in the liner notes for Songbook that this song doesn't work well technically on stage, but I loved it.
4. Early Morning Rain-Red's guitar really set the mood for this song. I can almost feel the rain dripping off my back as the planes roar overhead.
5. Talking in Your Sleep. The instrumentation was able to stand out on this much more than the studio version.

-Mark