View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
jj

Default Re: Massey 2011 report - Pics

that's just wonderful stuff, char...it's hard to top each Massey or Tribute(s) run down you have provided over the decade, but this one's at the top (along with your set lists play-by-play/comments post)

just two thing to note:

1) you made a typo

2) you managed to mention every place folks came from and almost all the performers but there was one guy that i was honoured to have in attendance:

Scott Williamson (played bass with John Stinson's "Sundown" tribute) is rock solid and added so much of a foundation, rhythm, sustained as well as walking melodies and countermelodies to the tunes we know so well...if I'd just pushed all the technology aside (I was caged in a time-out corner) I would have loved to chat further with him and so many others

here is a GREAT pic of Scott performing with Lou Moore (I've posted several times about Lou and his Thursday night 'Presents' events with so many cool performers and session musician friends from near and far). Scott and Lou were both friends of Terry, as was Johann who was also a pleasure to meet and I wished he had got up and played on the McVeighs pub stage

I thought this was a good place to post the pic (compliments of Scott and John Stinson) as a tie into Char's comments about our welcoming Carter but missing Terry this first Massey run. This was taken just last year in Aurora at King Henry Arms .

http://www.loumoore.com/thursdays.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lou, Terry & Scottie 1.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	373.4 KB
ID:	4348  
jj is offline   Reply With Quote