View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
talbot10

Default Re: Gordon in Peekskill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenney View Post
This is my second attempt, I wrote a beautiful, insightful review of last nights concert, hit submit, and it vanished. You’ll have to trust me that it was eloquent, I doubt I’ll be able to reproduce it!
I agree with sunshine, last nights’ concert in Peekskill was just wonderful. I would rank it in the top ten of recent years. Gord came out strong, and just got better and better. It was obvious he was enjoying himself too, he even did two encores.
Gord often gets congested when he gets farther along on a tour, but other than bending over on occasion to clear his ears, there was no sign of that. No sense of being tired, or anything other than he was there to deliver the best show he could.
The set list:
Did She Mention my Name
Carefree Highway
Sea pf Tranquility
14 Karat Gold
Never Too Close
A Painter Passing Through
Let it Ride
Spanish Moss
Shadows
Beautiful
The Watchman’s Gone
Ribbon of Darkness
Sundown
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
Intermission
Sweet Guinevere
Cotton Jenney
Restless
Minstrel of the Dawn
Home from the Forest (probably the best I’ve ever heard him play it)
Waiting for You
Make Way for the Lady
Fine as Fine
IYCRMM
Don Quixote
Baby Step Back (listen for Carters riff at the end)
CRT (he’s lowered a few notes and it improves this great song)
Encore
Rainy Day People
In My Fashion
The sound in the theater was exceptionally good. I could hear every little note, and the "pings" that Carter makes during Restless are just exquisite in their simplicity. Not only was Gords voice strong, but he changed his phrasing on a few songs, starting a beat or two late. Then he also did a few extra notes, which really added dimension.
I did have the good fortune of grabbing a front row seat the minute they went on sale, which really can add to the enjoyment. Sometimes the sound isn’t as good up there, but last night is certainly was. I also had the great fortune of meeting up with Bill and Frank for dinner and breakfast. Half the enjoyment of going to all these shows is being able to connect with old friends and make a few new ones.
My only sadness is not having a ticket for my next show in my hand at this time. I believe this was #115 or 116 for me, never get tired of it!

Nicely said Jenney on all counts..Gord sang just wonderfully last night and the perforamnce of the band and the venue sound was all pefect.