View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
Ginny

John I can't find words to describe the feeling of effectuation I am left with seeing this today. Bru sent me an email to let me know it was up on the corfid website. I'm sitting here typing with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye, and I know also without a doubt, today being the thirtieth anniversary of the sinking of The Fitzgerald it's all somehow connected. The timing could not have been better. Every year on this day I have developed a tradition that I get out my 12 string and tune it in exactly with Gord's and play The Fitz over and over and over along with the recording. It's a very different and special feeling, sort of a combination of sadness due to the tragic loss of life and joy because of the celebration of the anniversary and the sound generated in the way the music is arranged. Those chords are eerie ones and when you listed to them ring it kind of takes you right out there on the waves. John please feel free to share any or all of what's in the TREASURE with the folks. My skills on the computer are severely limited and I have no doubt that I could not have selected a better pair of hands in which to leave that material. Several of the folks in the group assured me of that. Thank you sincerely, Ron Jones.
Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote