Thread: Gord's Health?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 08:30 PM   #21
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

I would encourage everyone not to get their hopes up for 2003 at all. I, as much as anyone would love to see Gord on stage, in the recording studio, etc but it's way too soon. His people at EMP have stated that he's going to undergo another operation soon, and that will set back his return to public life even more. I suspect he will sort of have to learn how to sing all over agian. The muscles he uses in his chest and diaphragm will have atrophied a bit, and he will have to retrain them. He will have to get used to standing for 2 hours at a time, his right arm will have to get used to strumming a guitar for 2 hours at a time also. None of this is beyond his reach, if his recovery continues on the right track. I would suggest we all look to 2004 as the year Gord resumes a public life...give him 2003 to recover. With all that time at home, think of all the songs he can write, or hone for his next cd...and yes, there will be another one. If Warners won't sign him, someone else will...or he can distribute over the internet..these days, there are as many doors open to him at 64 as there were at 34!
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote