Thread: Your Song
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #50
podunklander

Default Re: Your Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
This has nothing to do with 'your song' either, but coincidentally, the dogs I was babysitting belonged to someone that used to know Roy Orbison.

Been back home since last night. I didn't really enjoy that "your song' on the cd that Jesse Joe sent. It was a bad recording. One unreleased song that he sent called 'Face of A Thousand People', was something I especially felt a good connection to.
hey that's something! "Orbiedust" anyway! While driving to one of Gordon's concerts in Mass. last Fall, my oldest, dearest friend...recalled having met Roy when he performed at the Big E, she was 15 (so, the 60's ). Don't know if she had ever told me that before but if she had, it was many years ago. I know she told me stories of the many famous people she's known, mostly musicians...when I was a teenager and I can still remember most of them. But I just don't recall the one about Roy could be one she missed.

I always liked hearing all those stories when I was younger. Still do but it's not the same as when I was a kid.

When I was looking through Roy's songbook here...I saw that he and I share the same b-day!!! gee I must have noticed that before but have forgotten . Same day as Shakespeare too .

Sounds like an interesting petsitting job, Patti!!! And sorry to know you didn't care for the copy of the recording of 'Your Song' .