View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #9
horizonfound

Default Re: Red Shea High String Guitar Youtube Video

Hi Folks...
I'm getting ready, right now, to start recording the ending of "Ode To Big Blue"...I promise, this will not be a 39 sec. video (sorry about that btw...it was literally a spur of the moment idea that my wife had ...I told her, this feels like it's too obscure an obsession of mine to have any audience...happily, I was wrong. Thanks to all of you!). For this video, I'm going to try to present three parts: Red Shea's high string, a second guitar playing in standard, capo 2 (the descending figure on the guitar that also plays the harmonics much earlier in the song. At this point, I could use some help....Can ANYONE confirm that guitarists identity? Is that Terry Clements debut or Red Shea doing an overdub? If you can post the answer to that question, in this thread, I'll credit that guitarists work in the video!). Finally, if I can figure out how to add it, Gordon himself played a THIRD part that is buried DEEP in the Right Channel. Because I had the other parts worked out, and playing "live' in my head, I was able to mentally block them out, while listening intently to the Right Channel, to complete the tab for Gordon's part... it's a peculiar part of my craft that I've been able to develop over the years. As a friend of my friend says, "the completest completion"! Stay tuned!
horizonfound is offline   Reply With Quote