View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 12:48 PM   #15
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenyon:
I was a little disappointed with the content on Gord though. They gave him a segment of about 2 minutes, even though he was one of the most influential Canadian artists of the 1960s. Maybe we should start a petition to the CBC!
Kenyon
WHAT!!!Two minutes
That was all?? Shameful after all that raising of expectations.
the blurb had said amongst other things
"program features candid interviews with icons like Gordon Lightfoot, as well as rare performance clips of such songs as Lightfoot's "Early Morning Rain."
and most importantly for a Brit fan:-
"Gordon Lightfoot....."in separate performances on BBC's "In Concert"
I thought that I had read that there would be several other songs sung by Gord too but I am blessed if I can now find where I read that. Neither can I find the yellowing 1972 cutting from the BBC Radio Times that listed the songs sung on Gord's 1972 In Concert appearance which I intended to scan and display here, but luckily I sent a photocopy to Wayne Francis back in 1997 and he reproduced the tracklist on:-
http://www.lightfoot.ca/tvappear.htm:-
January 22, 1972
Summer Side Of Life
Saturday Clothes
For Loving Me
Affair On Eighth Avenue
If You Could Read My Mind
Steel Rail Blues
Ten Degrees And Getting Colder
Early Morning Rain.
I would have expected at least the whole of EMR
which would exceed 2 minutes on its own
and with all due respect to Ron Sexsmith if they incuded his IYCRMM that is not the same as featuring Gord himself
Nicholas Jennings at least on the evidence in one report and from his songbook booklet notes is a true lighthead so rather than pester the CBC would it not be better to contact Nicholas on your meritorious proposal?
"In any case, I think it's high time someone produced a real, in-depth documentary about Lightfoot"
Your not impossible mission young Kenyon since you brought the subject up is to devote your young self to this laudable project
John Fowles
The despicable Osama bin Laden
He's a man of ill fame,
who gives Islam a bad name,
Obsessed with his mission of mayhem.
from a Fitz parody at:-
http://www.amiright.com/parody/artis...ightfoot.shtml
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote