View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
jj

Default Re: Gord on piano live - Fine as Fine Can Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStinson View Post

What was that gold miner ditty he sang. ...I liked it.

Where was this performed??

john

"Partners" is the gold miner tune, taught to Gord by Red

"Two partners went in search of gold as friendly as could be One was young and one was old and the gay young fool was me Since neither one could write his name, I swore upon my soul To share the wealth and then shook hands, the hands that dug for gold - Partners

Twas was in the spring we packed our gear, a-northward we did go We crossed the mountain passes where the swirling rivers flow All summer long we panned the gold, no nuggets did we find But faith was great and hope was strong, we'd get the gold in time - Partners

Oh the summer days were gone at last and the winter nights grew cold The snow had trapped us in the pass when we finally found the gold We took our fortune to the shack to wait the winter through But the food ran low so I killed my friend, what else was there to do - Partners

Oh the cabin's covered now with snow, the shelves of food are bare Satan's waiting for me now but I'm too cold to care Is that the devil at my door looking for my soul Or is it just the old man looking for his gold"

Recording info:

Red Rocks Ampitheatre
Morrison, Colorado
July 12, 1975

One of the rare concerts without Barry Keane on drums.

Set1
High&Dry
Carefree Highway
Bend in the Water
All The Lovely Ladies
Christian Island
The Watchman's Gone
Sundown
Now&Then
Don Quixote
Old Dan's Records
Rainy Day People