Thread: Fort Pierce
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #14
JohninCt.

Location: Wallingford, Ct. Not far from what used to be Oakdale Music Theater
Default Re: Fort Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
Care to elaborate ? What stood out to you ?

When I looked at the specs, I became dizzy.
Hi quality names, current equipment, which indicates this theaters system was likely redone in the last 3 years, several thousand watts of clean power (which is plenty in a small venue like this) with very low distortion amps, which means you don't have to drive the equipment to high output levels (where distortion usually comes in), and so you have nice clean sound. Speakers of the same high quality. Plenty of channels to work with on low noise, low distortion Yamaha mixing boards. Quality microphones. The way this was set up was done by true experts, and I wish more places had equipment this good and set up as well.
There used to be a New Haven Colliseum here in CT., but they tore it down a couple years ago. No loss, as it had one of the worse sound systems I ever heard with lots of distortion, and the room had poor acoustics also. It was one of the places Elvis played in the last couple years of his life, he was to play at Harford, Ct. Civic Center, but died before he could, Hartford had way better sound. Yep, I like Elvis's music too and would have liked to have heard him in Hartford.
No, I don't do this type of work, but I have always kept up with sound equipment as an interest, and have worked around music at different times in my life. I am an old timer now and have retired, but it is still interesting.
JohninCt. is offline   Reply With Quote