View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 01:05 AM   #28
Tyler

Quote:
Originally posted by ELizabeth:
Does this guy sell on eBay now or is he still banned? Does GL know about this? I'm not convinced that what he is doing is legal. Does he pay GL and the band a piece of the profit? If not, GL and the band are getting cheated and could (but probably won't) sue them for back royalities and other illegal acts. Don't mean to be a downer but I hate to see performers who I admire get cheated. For example, I will not burn a cd for the person I love most unless the cd is no longer available. YMMV
I don't know if he is still banned, the user name that he was using is still banned but he apparently has several to choose from.
Don't know if he is paying royalties BUT he isn't sending out any product so he isn't ripping Lightfoot off. There obviously is no DVD to sell. The only people that are getting ripped off are the fans that want to buy the DVD.

The Soundstage tape was taped directly off the tv so I don't think that would have anything to do with royalties or be illegal, same with SNL and the Hotel and Johnny Cash shows.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote