View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Neil Young on Fallon-new album with Gord tunes

Neil talks about Lightfoot and Jack White says IYCRMM is his fave song on the LP in the interview clip:
Neil Young and Jack White were guests on tonight's episode of "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", where they did something fairly novel: recorded a song and pressed it directly to vinyl live on the show.
Young covered "Crazy", the Willie Nelson classic (made famous by Patsy Cline), which was pressed instantly onto 6" vinyl. It was recorded in the same 1940s-style recording booth from Third Man in Nashville that was used to record Young's new LP A Letter Home. Find what the platter looks like below the video (via Fallon's Twitter).
Young talked about showing up at Third Man when they unveiled the booth. After a kid covered a Neil Young song, Neil said, "Let me try it." Then, he said, "I could do a whole album in there." As Rolling Stone reports, Jack White chimed in to provide a brief history of the Voice-O-Graph: the renovated vinyl 1947 recording booth where the duo laid down the tracks for A Letter Home.
He also talked about the songs he picked for A Letter Home; White revealed that Young's version of Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind" is his favorite track on the album.
They also joked about Fallon's Neil Young impression. "I thought I was really good in that," he said about the "Whip My Hair" cover.
Watch him record "Crazy" (via CoS) and a web exclusive of Ivory Joe Hunter's "Since I Met You Baby":

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...-jimmy-fallon/
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote