Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   Small Talk (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dan Seals, R.I.P. (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=19492)

fezo 03-27-2009 10:20 AM

Dan Seals, R.I.P.
 
I was sorry to see this one - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29895228/

Dan was the "England Dan" that went with John Ford Coley but "England Dan" was from Texas. he had a pretty good little run in country music which was really what he was rooted in. if you ignore "bop" he wrote and performed some good stuff. Was sorry to see this.

charlene 03-27-2009 01:52 PM

Re: Dan Seals, R.I.P.
 
Only 61. so sad..
I saw them at Ontario Place a long time ago..I have pics in album.
geeze...

Affair on Touhy Ave. 03-28-2009 07:06 PM

Re: Dan Seals, R.I.P.
 
Perhaps most folks don't know about his very early work with a Dallas rock group called Southwest FOB.


http://www.ovidstevens.com/_videos.htm

fezo 03-29-2009 12:32 AM

Re: Dan Seals, R.I.P.
 
Until Dan died I had been unaware of them.

There was a great tune on the album that unfortunately also had Bop on it. A thing callled Everything that Glitters is Not Gold. Sad cowboy tune. Really first rate.

timetraveler 04-06-2009 09:32 PM

Re: Dan Seals, R.I.P.
 
I think that that is why I enjoy so much of what some call retro music. With the passing of each & every artist like him, as well as the late Kelly Grocutt (formerly of ELO), I appreciate them even more.

jj 04-08-2009 06:21 PM

Re: Dan Seals, R.I.P.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by timetraveler (Post 150798)
With the passing of each & every artist like him, as well as the late Kelly Grocutt (formerly of ELO), I appreciate them even more.

thanks, i didnt hear this, tt

the first big concert i went to, it was he, Lynne, Bevan, Kominski and co who blew me away...even from 100+ yards away, lol

just played Concerto for a Rainy Day in his honour...sweet is the night (...when he was here)

sad to her of Seals...i did often confuse EDan + JFColey with Seals + Crofts...i dont think i realized the connection

Borderstone 04-10-2009 04:09 PM

Re: Dan Seals, R.I.P.
 
Oh no. :( Now I'm going to bummed out the rest of the day.

It goes without saying I have a good number of England Dan & John Ford Coley LPs,not to mention all of their top 40 hits.

I'd Really Love to See You Tonight
Nights Are Forever Without You
It's Sad To Belong
Gone Too Far
We'll Never Have To Say Goodbye Again

and Love Is The Answer.

I'll be playing thse tonight. Rest in peace Dan.

Affair on Touhy Ave. 04-11-2009 09:35 AM

Re: Dan Seals, R.I.P.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Affair on Touhy Ave. (Post 150418)
Perhaps most folks don't know about his very early work with a Dallas rock group called Southwest FOB.


http://www.ovidstevens.com/_videos.htm



Just wondering with all the talk about his work with John Ford Coley and as a country singer did anyone check out the links above?

If so what did you think compared to his later years?

timetraveler 04-11-2009 09:55 PM

Re: Dan Seals, R.I.P.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jj (Post 150904)
thanks, i didnt hear this, tt

the first big concert i went to, it was he, Lynne, Bevan, Kominski and co who blew me away...even from 100+ yards away, lol

just played Concerto for a Rainy Day in his honour...sweet is the night (...when he was here)

sad to her of Seals...i did often confuse EDan + JFColey with Seals + Crofts...i dont think i realized the connection

I have the CD that Concerto For A Rainy Day & Sweet Is The Night is on, and they are MAGNIFICENT. Too bad that I was still in grade school when they were first becoming so well known, 'cause I'd have been there. And as for getting Seals & Crofts mixed with EDan & JFColey, I still sometimes get them mixed up myself.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.