Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   Small Talk (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bill Hall's new Album with proceeds donated to St. Jude Cchildren's Hospital (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=26180)

talbot10 03-29-2012 10:52 PM

Bill Hall's new Album with proceeds donated to St. Jude Cchildren's Hospital

The Brightest of Days - March 10, 2012

" The Brightest of Days" is my new album
consisting of 11 original songs "The album is
dedicated in loving memory to my daughter Dana
who passed away on January 31st, 2004 after her
couragous four and half year long battle with Leukemia
and its effects. All proceeds that I earn will be donated to the
St. Jude Children's hospital on behalf of Dana. It
was her favorite cause. Thank you so much. - - Bill

To sample or purchase the brightest of days click on this link

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/billhall3

lighthead2toe 03-31-2012 11:00 AM

Re: Bill Hall's new Album with proceeds donated to St. Jude Cchildren's Hospital

Hi Bill.

I'm looking forward to hearing the tunes on your new recording.

I didn't listen to any of the sample tracks preferring to wait for the right time and listen to the complete album, it being related to such a sad event.

I know it will be a very good production.
My thoughts are with you and family.

Hopefully you can join us for the pub jam this year in November. It would be great to see you again and play a few tunes.

All the best.

RJ.

talbot10 03-31-2012 12:00 PM

Re: Bill Hall's new Album with proceeds donated to St. Jude Cchildren's Hospital

HI Ron,
Thank you my friend. I hope all is well with you and your family.
Bill

fezo 04-01-2012 06:49 PM

The best to you. It is so rough going through such things, I'm in recovery right now on a bone marrow transplant and the biggest dangers are side effects of the transplant.

I obviously don't have to tell you the strength it takes to go through such things.

talbot10 04-02-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fezo (Post 178166)
The best to you. It is so rough going through such things, I'm in recovery right now on a bone marrow transplant and the biggest dangers are side effects of the transplant.

I obviously don't have to tell you the strength it takes to go through such things.

Hi Fez,
You are in a great hospital but you are right. Learn all you can about the side effects of bone marrow transplant and be very focused on both liver and Lungs. Make sure your doctors very shortly after the transplant give you regular lung pulmonary function tests (PFT). If you do have issues you want to get it early and get treated. That said, always keep in mind that bone marrow transplants can and does cure blood diseases. Keep the faith my friend. Please join this group if you have not yet. It is light in the darkeness and there are many people that can help you. - Bill

GVHD Online Support Group
subscribe, unsubscribe, archives
http://www.medicalistes.org/gvhd/
List-owner: gvhd-request@listserv.acor.org

jj 04-05-2012 11:13 AM

congratulations on this creative achievement, overflowing with talent and heart

what a fine cause...folks, it took me about 15 minutes and 0 pain to become part of our national registry, which i'm sure interfaces with global databases

as Ron, said, this deserves a full listen but the 3 sound bites were delicious

other than reflections of extreme heart break, i trust you are quite well, Bill!

i hope to cross paths again sometime this decade (what decade is this? the teens?)

jim

talbot10 04-05-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj (Post 178190)
congratulations on this creative achievement, overflowing with talent and heart

what a fine cause...folks, it took me about 15 minutes and 0 pain to become part of our national registry, which i'm sure interfaces with global databases

as Ron, said, this deserves a full listen but the 3 sound bites were delicious

other than reflections of extreme heart break, i trust you are quite well, Bill!

i hope to cross paths again sometime this decade (what decade is this? the teens?)

jim

Thank you so very much Jim. I appreciate it so much my friend. Bone marrow registration if simple and painless and it really does add to the chances of saving a life of a person with a blood disease every time someone registers.
I have attached a recent live video of one of the songs from my Album. Thanks Guys and happy holiday weekend. - Bill

charlene 04-05-2012 06:26 PM

Hey Billyboy - I sent the video along to my mum a few days ago and she loved it...
;)
Have a lovely Easter weekend...hope to see some new wildlife/bird pics!

talbot10 04-05-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlene (Post 178193)
Hey Billyboy - I sent the video along to my mum a few days ago and she loved it...
;)
Have a lovely Easter weekend...hope to see some new wildlife/bird pics!

Thank you Charzo! My best to your mum! Have a wonderful Easter and the same to everyone here celebrating Easter this weekend and Happy Passover to all my Jewish friends here art corfid! Bill

redhead 04-15-2012 08:52 PM

How very kind of you, to honor your daughter's memory by reaching out to help others in need.

The song is lovely, and your voice is beautiful; you are a very talented man.

redhead

lighthead2toe 04-15-2012 10:44 PM

Hi Bill.

This is very beautiful and I echo the sentiments of redhead's post as well.

Initially I wanted to hold off listening to any of the tunes til I received the CD but when I saw your video up there I really couldn't resist as I knew it would be a gem and it sure is.

The courage you talk about in your daughter soldiers on here.

It's a very wonderful piece of work and it's clear your heart went into this one.

Well thought out lyrics and the guitar work is subtle and sweet.

Ron J.

talbot10 04-17-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhead (Post 178250)
How very kind of you, to honor your daughter's memory by reaching out to help others in need.

The song is lovely, and your voice is beautiful; you are a very talented man.

redhead

Thank you redhead. I appreciate it very much. Thank your for listening - Bill

talbot10 04-17-2012 08:33 AM

[QUOTE=lighthead2toe;178252]Hi Bill.

This is very beautiful and I echo the sentiments of redhead's post as well.

Initially I wanted to hold off listening to any of the tunes til I received the CD but when I saw your video up there I really couldn't resist as I knew it would be a gem and it sure is.

The courage you talk about in your daughter soldiers on here.

It's a very wonderful piece of work and it's clear your heart went into this one.

Well thought out lyrics and the guitar work is subtle and sweet.

Thank you Ron :) You are are always so supportive. It means a lot to me. Have a great week! Bill

lighthead2toe 05-14-2012 06:36 PM

Hi Bill.

A really beautiful recording!

All eleven tracks have that little something special in them that keeps the listening ear tuned in. It just might have something to do with the "Gord" influence I hear from time to time, especially the whistling. That's cool!

I have to say as well that having met and played tunes with you most definitely has a draw that links me in to a degree with those tunes.

I especially like Matt Carl's sweet dobro licks there on track ten.

It's a recording that will be in regular rotation in my CD player.

All the best.

RJ.

talbot10 05-17-2012 09:54 PM

Thank you as always Ron :) I deeply appreciate your support my friend. Have a wonderfful weekend.
Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthead2toe (Post 178594)
Hi Bill.

All eleven tracks have that little something special in them that keeps the listening ear tuned in. It just might have something to do with the "Gord" influence I hear from time to time, especially the whistling. That's cool!

I have to say as well that having met and played tunes with you most definitely has a draw that links me in to a degree with those tunes.

All the best.

RJ.

talbot10 05-17-2012 10:31 PM

Thank you as always Ron :) I deeply appreciate your support my friend. Have a wonderfful weekend.
Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthead2toe (Post 178594)
Hi Bill.

All the best.

RJ.

Yuri 06-09-2012 10:17 AM

Bill,
Your album 'The Brightest Of Days' arrived yesterday from CDBaby and had a listen this morning over coffee. Wonderful tunes and beautifully produced. Love your cover photo as well - a talent with the camera as well as the guitar.
I have to become more familiar with the songs but your title track already stands out as a favorite.
I certainly can recommend Bill's album - Good songs for a good cause too.
Wonderful stuff Bill!
Yuri

talbot10 06-18-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuri (Post 178799)
Bill,
Your album 'The Brightest Of Days' arrived yesterday from CDBaby and had a listen this morning over coffee. Wonderful tunes and beautifully produced. Love your cover photo as well - a talent with the camera as well as the guitar.
I have to become more familiar with the songs but your title track already stands out as a favorite.
I certainly can recommend Bill's album - Good songs for a good cause too.
Wonderful stuff Bill!
Yuri

Thank you so very much Yuri..Your support and your comments are deeply appreciated my friend!
Bill

Patti 10-28-2012 10:47 AM

I just finished reading a new book entitled 'Dreams of Angels', by the editors of Guideposts. Its a collection of short stories, which includes a wonderful story by Danny Thomas called 'The Vow I Almost Forgot'. He talks about his childhood, and how things were early in his career, and how he decided to start Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital.