Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   Testforum (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which way can I go (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=18095)

Jesse Joe 02-08-2008 08:20 AM

Which way can I go

http://harvest.canadaeast.com/image....770&size=300x0

GREG AGNEW/TIMES & TRANSCRIPT

Published Friday February 8th, 2008

Which way can I go ?

The song said it best - 'signs, signs, everywhere signs' - but in downtown Moncton, understanding and following them is another matter. Riders of Codiac Transit on Main Street have overheard drivers chuckle about the conflicting 'no left turn' sign mounted on top of a 'parking to the left' sign, usually about the time that a motorist makes that illegal left turn onto Westmorland Street looking for parking. Apparently cyclists who are supposed to follow the rules of the road are also being directed down a no-left-turn street.

Dream Street Rose 02-08-2008 01:17 PM

Re: Which way can I go

Hi Jesse Joe,

I used to sing that signs song day and night when I was a kid. Drove my mother crazy. Another great picture. Thank you for sharing. :clap: :clap:

DSR

Jesse Joe 02-08-2008 03:05 PM

Hi DSR,

Great song it was {IS} that picture is main street in Moncton, NB. I guess we all drove our mothers crazy at one time or another. :biggrin: :)

Kathy Number Four 02-09-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Joe (Post 134298)
Hi DSR,

Great song it was {IS} that picture is main street in Moncton, NB. I guess we all drove our mothers crazy at one time or another. :biggrin: :)

I'm STILL driving mine crazy (and vice versa)! :biggrin:

Jesse Joe 02-09-2008 08:49 AM

You must be still quite young Kathy number four. :biggrin: :)

Kathy Number Four 02-09-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Joe (Post 134339)
You must be still quite young Kathy number four. :biggrin: :)

I WISH! If you look at my profile, you'll see how "young" I am. :) (My mom is 85 :eek: )

Jesse Joe 02-09-2008 09:12 PM

"Oh, I LOVE Edmund Fitzgerald's voice!"
(An aging groupie and proud of it!!!)

Your the aging groupie, well Im the aging hippie also proud of it. :biggrin: Just kidding your still a young woman. :)

Kathy Number Four 02-10-2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Joe (Post 134357)
Your the aging groupie, well Im the aging hippie also proud of it. :biggrin: Just kidding your still a young woman. :)

Hmmmmmmm Jesse Joe, I see you don't list your birthdate on your profile :cool: . But I'm guessing you're about the same vintage as me ;) (being that you're a "hippie").

Jesse Joe 02-10-2008 08:21 AM

Im 52 years of age Kathy # 4. And funny enough you will find a few more Corfidians that I know of in this age group. That's old enough to be a hippie, right ? :biggrin: :)

http://www.hippiesbook.com/images/hi...epage300x4.jpg

timetraveler 02-11-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream Street Rose (Post 134296)
Hi Jesse Joe,

I used to sing that signs song day and night when I was a kid. Drove my mother crazy. Another great picture. Thank you for sharing. :clap: :clap:

DSR

If you think that your sing "Signs" drove your mum up the wall, my love for a funny little tune called "Does Your Chewimg Gum Lose It's FlavourOn The Bedpost Overnight" had my mum one step short of screaming. I still think it's funny to this day. And as for the sign in question, it really is a head scratcher there.

Kathy Number Four 02-11-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Joe (Post 134361)
Im 52 years of age Kathy # 4. And funny enough you will find a few more Corfidians that I know of in this age group. That's old enough to be a hippie, right ? :biggrin: :)

Just barely ;). You were just entering your teens at the end of the 60's, so you made it just under the wire :biggrin: !!

I think that probably most of us Corfidians are in our age group. At least those of us who are long-time fans (since late 60's to early 70's). So we're in good company :biggrin:

Jesse Joe 02-12-2008 07:05 AM

I always said I was born five years to late. Started to listen to Gord around 1969 and I was only 15 going on 16. :biggrin: :)

Nightingale 02-13-2008 01:53 AM

timetraveler,
I can't believe you posted about the Does You Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor song...lol.

I just played that a couple of days ago for one of the little nieces in the family. She thought it was really a cool song and is bugging me to play it for her all the time now.
The rest of the family thought it was hilarious that I could sing along and still remember every word to that song...especially since there are days I barely remember some of their names...lol.