Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New York City Concert (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=12381)

Rose 08-13-2000 11:34 AM

We have not heard from 2Much2loose on the concert that he attended. Let us know how the concert was.

sundownbuff 08-13-2000 11:34 AM

We have not heard from 2Much2loose on the concert that he attended. Let us know how the concert was.

Rose 08-14-2000 09:53 PM

2much2lose did you go to the concert in New York. If so let us know what Gord sang and your experiences please.

sundownbuff 08-14-2000 09:53 PM

2much2lose did you go to the concert in New York. If so let us know what Gord sang and your experiences please.

Wingdrops 08-15-2000 09:44 PM

Sorry Sundownbuff for making you wait. I've been dribbling out pieces of that night in response to other posts. I'll make a full report this weekend, including anecdotes from the concert, but for now let me just give the set list:

Sea of Tranquility
14 Karat Gold (2 verses)
I'll Do Anything
In My Fashion
Beautiful
Forgive Me, Lord
Sundown
Carefree Highway
I'll Prove My Love
Don Quixote
Minstrel of the Dawn (omitting Steppin Fetchit verse)
Baby Step Back
The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
For Lovin' Me/Did She Mention My Name?
(intermission)
Ring Them Bells
Waiting For You
If You Could Read My Mind
A Painter Passing Through
Early Morning Rain
Make Way for the Lady
Song For a Winter's Night
Blackberry Wine
Canadian Railroad Trilogy
(encore)
Old Dan's Records

I mentioned in an earlier post (see Wolftrap thread) that I met Gord at the door after the concert and talked about Char at Mariposa. That story will have to wait until this weekend.

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by." - SDYS

2Much2Lose 08-15-2000 09:44 PM

Sorry Sundownbuff for making you wait. I've been dribbling out pieces of that night in response to other posts. I'll make a full report this weekend, including anecdotes from the concert, but for now let me just give the set list:

Sea of Tranquility
14 Karat Gold (2 verses)
I'll Do Anything
In My Fashion
Beautiful
Forgive Me, Lord
Sundown
Carefree Highway
I'll Prove My Love
Don Quixote
Minstrel of the Dawn (omitting Steppin Fetchit verse)
Baby Step Back
The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
For Lovin' Me/Did She Mention My Name?
(intermission)
Ring Them Bells
Waiting For You
If You Could Read My Mind
A Painter Passing Through
Early Morning Rain
Make Way for the Lady
Song For a Winter's Night
Blackberry Wine
Canadian Railroad Trilogy
(encore)
Old Dan's Records

I mentioned in an earlier post (see Wolftrap thread) that I met Gord at the door after the concert and talked about Char at Mariposa. That story will have to wait until this weekend.

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by." - SDYS

Rose 08-16-2000 10:38 PM

Thanks 2 much for your list of songs. I will be seeing him again in San Diego and I am anxious to hear what songs he performs. I will take an album cover to be autographed and hopefully I might again be lucky enough to talk with him. Could anyone ask to have such luck in their lifetime?

sundownbuff 08-16-2000 10:38 PM

Thanks 2 much for your list of songs. I will be seeing him again in San Diego and I am anxious to hear what songs he performs. I will take an album cover to be autographed and hopefully I might again be lucky enough to talk with him. Could anyone ask to have such luck in their lifetime?