Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Happy New Year (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=19233)

charlene 12-31-2008 09:53 PM

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all of you!
May you all have health and happiness, love and laughter, friendship and fine music in 2009..
Char
and
Lisa

and Happy 61st Birthday to Burton Cummings!

Peter Bro10 12-31-2008 11:10 PM

Re: Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!
May 2009 bring all the best to you and yours!

joveski 12-31-2008 11:13 PM

happy new year to everyone - its already 14 hours into 2009 down here!

talbot10 12-31-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlene (Post 147299)
May you all have health and happiness, love and laughter, friendship and fine music in 2009..
Char
and
Lisa

Charzo and Lisa and everyone, may your 2009 and all years thereafter be filled with
smiles and laughter. Happy New Year!
Bill

charlene 01-01-2009 12:19 AM

thanks Billyboy..love you and hope to see you in November..
best of everything to all!
char

Yuri 01-01-2009 12:52 AM

Dug out my MP3 of Gord singing 'Auld Lang Syne' and played it for good measure. Wishing all here a Happy & Healthy New Year...
Yuri

charlene 01-01-2009 01:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
just pulled out the pic of me in 2003 with the 1999 show and the actual1999 video on the old tv. of Gord singin Auld Lang Syne...lol
Happy New Year..
may old acquaintance....

SilverHeels 01-01-2009 07:56 AM

Happy 2009 everybody!

podmed 01-01-2009 08:06 AM

Peace, Health and Happiness to everyone. Hope Meredith does not give Gord too much Teen Angst.

formerlylavender 01-01-2009 12:34 PM

Happy New Year to you, too, Char! Have a great one, everyone!

podunklander 01-01-2009 02:08 PM

:biggrin: HAPPY:biggrin:NEW:biggrin:YEAR:biggrin:CORFID :biggrin:

ring out the old, bring in the new...
/no New Year's resolutions for me (last year I was resolved to not do that any longer) but I have had to say good-bye to some good guys and some bad one's too. So long to -Ben and Jerry, Steve and Barry and Smokin Joes (though I have it in mind to order some cartons tomorrow ugh).

Oh, Linda 01-01-2009 02:29 PM

Happy New Year everyone! And thanks, Char, for all you do to support this site, including its many members. I'm sure Gordon appreciates it very much as well.

charlene 01-01-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh, Linda (Post 147314)
Happy New Year everyone! And thanks, Char, for all you do to support this site, including its many members. I'm sure Gordon appreciates it very much as well.

thanks!
;)

GJA 01-01-2009 08:25 PM

Happy New Year to you, Charlene and to all Gordan Lightfoot fans and especially to Gordon himself.

BILLW 01-01-2009 09:31 PM

Oh well, better late than never, Happy New Year everyone ! 2009 is gonna rock !

Bill :)

johnfowles 01-02-2009 02:21 PM

OK I have no need to make my perennial resolution from years past to give up the weed .because on the 18th it will be 9 years since since I last lit a fag thank goodness.
My stroke was on the 17th, which this year would have been Nevil Shute's 110th birthday.On Saturday week therefore our New Jersey group of "Shutists" and "para-shutists" (spouses/partners who might not be as highly zealous a Shute fan as the prime member)
will be having a birthday party in his honoUr
This year my firm resolve/resolution will be to refrain from making inflammatory postings here especially on spam so that I can meet Char in Toronto in November and be able to converse with her , and also in the hope that Ron will stop ignoring me as I have several pending postings that I I hope will be of interest and help to corfiddlers as the result of much careful thought and research
So yes Happy New Year everybody and especially Gordon

timetraveler 01-02-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlene (Post 147299)
Char
and
Lisa

Burton Cummings was a New Years baby? How cool is that?:)

charlene 01-02-2009 11:17 PM

And Jimmy Buffett is a Dec.25 baby -he was 62 last week....

podunklander 01-02-2009 11:24 PM

ummmmm Carol Spinney turned 75 on Dec. 26th

Tim 01-03-2009 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuri (Post 147304)
Dug out my MP3 of Gord singing 'Auld Lang Syne' and played it for good measure. Wishing all here a Happy & Healthy New Year...
Yuri

Wishing everyone a happy & healthy 2009 as well.

Hey Yuri, I remember watching that video clip of Gord singing "Auld Lang Syne" but couldn't find it. Does anyone have a working link to that clip? Even a link to the audio would be a treat.

Thanks much and, again, Happy New Year.

Borderstone 01-03-2009 05:05 PM

Happy New Year!! :) The "B" is back and with personal GL news right off the bat. ;)

With really not much to do on Jan. 1st,I went to a local Goodwill store and could not believe what I found.

An actual cassette copy of the 1969 UA release "Best Of Gordon Lightfoot". The one with the Sunday Concert like picture on the front,y'know?

All for a whopping.....50cents! LOL! :biggrin: great way to start the new year.

Hop everyone's 2009 is good so far..I know mine is. ...and not just for the tape. ;) Whoo!

talbot10 01-03-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderstone (Post 147363)
Happy New Year!! :) The "B" is back and with personal GL news right off the bat. ;)

With really not much to do on Jan. 1st,I went to a local Goodwill store and could not believe what I found.

An actual cassette copy of the 1969 UA release "Best Of Gordon Lightfoot". The one with the Sunday Concert like picture on the front,y'know?

Hop everyone's 2009 is good so far..I know mine is. ...and not just for the tape. ;) Whoo!

Congrads and Happy New Year Border!
Bill

geodeticman.5 01-05-2009 02:28 PM

Thank you Char & everyone for all the warm wishes for everybody's New Year.

I'd add to all the above simply - may you all stay healthy, wealthy , and wise...or in my case, I'm not wealthy and working on the other 2. Who am I to question that phrase though...not even sure where it came from... :biggrin:

And Char - my thanks for all your hard work, too. We would not have a corfid were it not for you. And...Gordon ! Happy New Year, very belatedly.

Amen to all the above !

Long live Lightfoot ! :headbang: :clap:

mandoann 01-05-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlene (Post 147305)
just pulled out the pic of me in 2003 with the 1999 show and the actual1999 video on the old tv. of Gord singin Auld Lang Syne...lol
Happy New Year..
may old acquaintance....

Thanks, Char, for sharing the pictures. :) I wish you and all Corfidians a very happy, healthy, and safe 2009, hopefully to include some GL concerts! :headbang:

Take care!

mandoann 01-05-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderstone (Post 147363)

Wow, that's amazing; I guess I should drop by my local Goodwill (Gordwill?) store! :) I did find a couple of GL song books in my piano bench and my cousin in Austin wants to go to his concert too, so my 2009 has started well.:biggrin:

Best wishes to all...