banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #1
godofmusic1989

hey i have 2 unopened, perfect mint condition albums from the early 1970s; can anyone tell me how much theyre worth

the names are Don Quixote and Old Dan's Records
Old 02-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
godofmusic1989

hey i have 2 unopened, perfect mint condition albums from the early 1970s; can anyone tell me how much theyre worth

Old 02-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
The Rez

Both are worth about $8-12.
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
DiggerBoy

Both are worth about $8-12.
DiggerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #5
Sentimental

To me, they are both priceless! I know, that sounds hokey.
Sentimental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:34 PM   #6
JohnBellardJr

quote:Originally posted by Sentimental:

I don't think that's hokey. Most of my vinyls
are beat up, but they are still "priceless"
to me. I don't think that I could part with them for anything. Most of them were the originals, that I bought when they came out, and then got some in duplicate.

------------------
'Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call; Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen, till they've heard it all.'- GL

[This message has been edited by Aime_41 (edited February 11, 2005).]
JohnBellardJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:34 PM   #7
Aime_41

quote:Originally posted by Sentimental:

to me. I don't think that I could part with them for anything. Most of them were the originals, that I bought when they came out, and then got some in duplicate.

------------------
'Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call; Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen, till they've heard it all.'- GL

[This message has been edited by Aime_41 (edited February 11, 2005).]
Aime_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #8
violet Blue Horse

Priceless? Y'all don't move often do ya?

I was trying to decide just the other day how badly I want to keep the vinyl. They're heavy to move, take up storage space once you move them and I'll probably never play them again even though I own a working phonograph. I've cut the collection back over the last couple moves down to the ones I can't bare to part with. But I'm thinking of parting with them.

quote:Originally posted by Aime_41:

Old 02-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
violet Blue Horse

I was trying to decide just the other day how badly I want to keep the vinyl. They're heavy to move, take up storage space once you move them and I'll probably never play them again even though I own a working phonograph. I've cut the collection back over the last couple moves down to the ones I can't bare to part with. But I'm thinking of parting with them.

quote:Originally posted by Aime_41:

Old 02-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
violet Blue Horse

Then again, I could create a couple dozen place settings instead. Hope no one did this intentionally.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...872431068&rd=1

Old 02-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #11
violet Blue Horse

Then again, I could create a couple dozen place settings instead. Hope no one did this intentionally.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...872431068&rd=1

Old 02-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #12
JohnBellardJr

quote:Originally posted by violet Blue Horse:

Yes, they're still priceless, but we ARE moving next year. So, we'll see if I still think it would be sacrilige to get ride of any. I can think of a lot of other things that I'd get rid of instead. We have a year to do it, so we'll see. We've lived here for 35 years. I can't even imagine what moving will be like. Our son and daughter-in-law moved last year, after only 11 years, and they hauled away a dumbster full of junk. I figured if we get rid of as much as we can each week, between now and then......

------------------
Old 02-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #13
Aime_41

Yes, they're still priceless, but we ARE moving next year. So, we'll see if I still think it would be sacrilige to get ride of any. I can think of a lot of other things that I'd get rid of instead. We have a year to do it, so we'll see. We've lived here for 35 years. I can't even imagine what moving will be like. Our son and daughter-in-law moved last year, after only 11 years, and they hauled away a dumbster full of junk. I figured if we get rid of as much as we can each week, between now and then......

------------------
Old 02-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #14
Borderstone

I know my copy of the original,"Sit Down Young Stranger",is priceless to me! I couldn't believe it when I just happened to find it that certain day in Oct. of 2002!

I mean,I wasn't even looking for a GL album that day! (I thought it would be awhile before I'd find anymore.) ...but there it was in the record rack along with a near perfect "Don Quixote"!

Besides,think about it folks,"Lightfoot" will be a (gulp!) 40 year old record next year! SDYS is 35 at the end of this year,COTS is 30,D.S.Rose 25. We hold in homes
"classics".

Forget $$$ folks,what these records mean to us is worth a lot more.

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:57 AM   #15
The Rez

You know what guys, you are absolutely right. It's not about the monetary value of Gord's albums, but the, personal value of his albums. If all of Gord's LP's were worth one penny, I wouldn't care. It's not about the vinyl, but the music and the voice pressed ON the vinyl...

[This message has been edited by DiggerBoy (edited February 12, 2005).]
The Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:57 AM   #16
DiggerBoy

You know what guys, you are absolutely right. It's not about the monetary value of Gord's albums, but the, personal value of his albums. If all of Gord's LP's were worth one penny, I wouldn't care. It's not about the vinyl, but the music and the voice pressed ON the vinyl...

DiggerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #17
JohnBellardJr

quote:Originally posted by DiggerBoy:

I second that!!!

------------------
Old 02-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #18
Aime_41

quote:Originally posted by DiggerBoy:

I second that!!!

------------------
Old 02-15-2005, 02:33 AM   #19
Janice

quote:Originally posted by godofmusic1989:

Someone once told me that an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #20
godofmusic1989

what records do you have that you are thinking of gettin rid of??
Old 02-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #21
godofmusic1989

what records do you have that you are thinking of gettin rid of??
Old 02-21-2005, 10:09 PM   #22
Ducaire

I don't collect vinyl, but all of my CD's are priceless. I don't really care much about rare material or mint condition. As long as I have all of the songs, I'm happy!

Old 02-21-2005, 10:09 PM   #23
Ducaire

I don't collect vinyl, but all of my CD's are priceless. I don't really care much about rare material or mint condition. As long as I have all of the songs, I'm happy!

Old 02-22-2005, 10:53 PM   #24
silenceandsound86

Oh, Violet, don't get rid of those records! Some day you'll regret it. The music, the memories. I've carried all of mine (Gordon and others) from place to place and never been sorry. This Christmas, I bought my 20 year old a combination CD player and turntable, and sent her back to college with many of my old albums that she loves.
silenceandsound86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:53 PM   #25
Rona

Oh, Violet, don't get rid of those records! Some day you'll regret it. The music, the memories. I've carried all of mine (Gordon and others) from place to place and never been sorry. This Christmas, I bought my 20 year old a combination CD player and turntable, and sent her back to college with many of my old albums that she loves.
Rona is offline   Reply With Quote