banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-19-2000, 07:10 AM   #1
Pix

I would very much like to find the song, "My Love for You", written and sung by Gordon Lightfoot for the movie Harry Tracy.
I have the movie and listen to the song from that, but would like to make a copy on tape or CD and do not have the equipment here at home.
My research has lead me to believe that this song was never recorded any where but on the movie.
Any suggestions?
Old 02-20-2000, 10:52 AM   #2
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Your research is correct. The movie is the only place that you will find that recording. (The song was not written by Lightfoot, by the way, but by Les Pouliot. Lightfoot recorded several of his songs back in the very early days at Chateau). The only way you will get a copy to listen to on tape or CD-R is to make the copy yourself (or get a copy from someone who has done so). If you have a friend with a receiver and cassette deck on their home stereo system, just connect a VCR's audio output to one of their receiver's inputs. Many receivers have an AUX port on the front so it's very easy to connect it.

Since you actually have the videotape (which is out of print), you are way ahead of the game. Many people have found someone with a copy but after a few generations it sounds pretty bad. You can make a nice one!
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2000, 09:12 PM   #3
Merlyn

This is a long shot -- but there may have been a soundtrack released from that film. You might try old and rare record stores. That song was done by another group (and I can't remember their name)and Gordon was the only one who did it besides them. I don't know if this helps.