banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

Default Can you guess which song this is?

It's too easy...

Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Can you guess which song this is?

uh...er...hmmm...14K Gold?
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:39 AM   #3
geodeticman.5

OK uhm quite clearly a street cleaner....'cause of the right-hand wheel and driver's position; + not a passenger taking video because the mirror is oriented to the driver's view, which therefor must be on the right (the driver), narrowing it to a mail truck first thought; but it does not stop at, nor are there curbside boxes when it slows and the speeds up; there is no snow, so it is not a plow, that leaves street-sweeper ( of course, there is always the clever Inspector Clouseau's acumen that leads him to the easily overlooked by the vacuous minded...clue... the name of the video in the scrolling video choices that state to the very sharpest of minds .....street cleaner....except.. for the video of primary use....named "Tymco"..obviously an attempt to steer justice into a dark alley of ignorance....but we are too clever for that , monsieur !) .

hmm other common name is street-cleaner, which have lots of regional names, as does Zamboni for ice-groomer in some areas back East; (I'm trying to think of a song title here, that is the quiz right ?

Really, I'm not positive of the quiz question, other than the literal question asked.... what is the name of the song...? I guess I am at a disadvantage 'cause it just occurred to me ..duh.... my sound is out, I am using my old CRT with no built-in speakers, my great Flatness is in warranty repair/argument....and, of course.. I have had a byimp on my head ...it could be a left-over bad hard-drive sector in my brain oui? hmm ...no....I'll bet I am making a fool of myself and there is a song that plays in the video, and THATS the song to figure out ? Like its on the radio ?

Somebody HEEELLLPPPPPP i HAVE NO AUDIIIOOO OHHHH Nooooooo..lol.... in absence of that, I'll shoot in the dark... the song is called "The Street Cleaner", or "The Clean Streets" lol.... pretty obscure...lessee here now, in metaphor..... a clean street is a street without debris or dirt or gravel, etc., that might be analogous to carefree...... Carefree Highway ? Can't be.... Lightfoot songs are not at all vacuous.... get it? get it ? a street vacuumer.. vacuous ....silence in the room.... I'd better clarify here... the Teutonic penchant for making a bad situation worse...Lightfoot's music is very literate and erudite; well-read we've agreed many times.....not in the least vacuous....in the primary use of meaning empty or a vacuum inside; airhead..... he most definately is NOT.... hmmmm .

Vacuums suck.....literally, no song would be vacuous enough to go by that name.... maybe the song sucks....which could mean any song hypothetically , other than any Lightfoot song... I can't hear it....but yes, I am a fool ! for trying to figure this out without audio.....I am being vacuous...lol... I'm getting out of here while I can...... (eyeing possible exits..... steve leaves with a furtive glance and a perfunctory nod, wondering why those two things always go together....vacuously he thinks further on the way out...a song about a street cleaner? no.........) Another vacuous attempt at humour, even so, I would not here the laughline....... I will fix that, yes ?

---------------------------------------------------laughline.............

I give.....last thought.... at the top.. "Its too easy"...so it must be literal.....

Char I gotta be missing something.... what clue led you to 14K Gold ? The audio I cannot hear, because I am a fool and too cheap to buy mini-speakers? lol...... oh well....
They WILL fix that monitor with speakers under warranty ! Yes Sireeebob....
~geo steve
geodeticman.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
charlene

Gord was singing 14K Gold as the vehicle was driving..
lolol
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
geodeticman.5

Char,

I am the fool, yes ? I knew ALL ALONG was that simply, the problem was the song was playing on the street cleaner's radio, must be a Lightfoot song, and I could nor hear it without speakers......I knew all along..... er... its the byimp on my head yes ? NO.

Its the el stupido syndrome...thats it.... however, I must say my intuitive and clever Clouseau-like clue-gathering was an ingenuous display as an Inspector de La France, who for my cunning conveyance in the Feats of Leger Demaine, should be branded , by some of that Fry, for genius , yes/no ?, and other feats of near-impossible subtle, but oh-so-engaging wit, panache, and an eye for zee clues that would evade even the most cognoscente of men, oui ? The fact that it occurred to me from the start my guessing the song was a fruitless quest d'acadaeme, no ? I knew, ohhh I knew allright. The very fact that I then combined Italian, French, and German back-formations and mis-used and mis-spelled foreign words together is a previous sign of ignorance; now forunately, I am enlightend in this regard . Oh yes.

LOL Thnaks Char -I am glad my duhh-ness made someone laugh, that why I hammed it up once I realized I was being a fool.....lolol as I write.... not in hubris at my own humour, but my earnest, ah yes, naive, sad state of weltschmerz at my idealistic, hopeful, proud of my fellow corfidites'
in-forum culture end esprit de corps; their zeitgeist, at least ..apreciation for even when I am a stupida, I at least ... have my sincerity, not unctuous mind you......bt genuine..true... pride in our group who share the uncanny feeling of Lightfoot's music, and its impact on us with is lyrics and melodies, even his Harmony, oh Harmony, brings me solace and introspection...enough that perhaps all of us can overlook my idiote state when trying to guess the song without audio ROFLMAO..... such are the thoughts that come even when the subject is street-cleaners...and its song on the radio.....lol

~geo steve
Old 08-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

Geoticeman: You're right, it's a street sweeper (it has a CD player and speakers, and although it plays CDs fine, it picks up a lot of static on most channels ) And the word "Tymco" is the name of the manufactorers.
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
geodeticman.5

I knew it all along yes siree

~ geo steve