banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-21-2003, 08:20 PM   #126
TheWatchman

Born in Texas. I think his last album was 2001 called No Category. He is touring on a regular basis.

Edited for spelling. I deleted nothing. I promise.

[This message has been edited by TheWatchman (edited July 21, 2003).]
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 08:49 PM   #127
Carlos

This is a tough question, Gordon Lightfoot is my 'number 1' of course (I'll continue to ignore my wife's exasperated sighs...), probably followed by:
2) James Taylor
3) Cat Stevens (I think he was 'folk/Rock' actually, and I select him "pre-religious conversion" of course!)
4) Sarah McLachlan
5) Wendy Waldman

------------------
Steve Hustad
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 08:49 PM   #128
shustad

This is a tough question, Gordon Lightfoot is my 'number 1' of course (I'll continue to ignore my wife's exasperated sighs...), probably followed by:
2) James Taylor
3) Cat Stevens (I think he was 'folk/Rock' actually, and I select him "pre-religious conversion" of course!)
4) Sarah McLachlan
5) Wendy Waldman

------------------
Steve Hustad
shustad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:22 PM   #129
Borderstone

I just acquired a copy of The Best Of Rod McKuen Pt.2 and even though he's never made the pop chart,his voice is somewhat interesting. Sort of an understated lounge singer who got a label deal. It even features,"A Boy Named Charlie Brown." It's in good shape too and get this,it came with,of all things,a poster?!!! Rod kneeling down next to a stack of drain pipes in a letterman jacket circa 1970 in B&W. Weird. It's been me! Later!

------------------
Borderstone (An,"Avid Listner" of G.L.)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:44 PM   #130
fowlesjohn

quote:Originally posted by jg005@aol.com:
Hi Gwyn Snyder

Shawn Phillips was the first 12 string album I heard and owned. This of course was back in 1973. He played very heavy cords and his song were very unique. I have not heard of him being mentioned in the music world until now.

Is he English? and I wonder if he still produces new stuff.

jg, I only know when I first heard him was through my extremely talented late brother who enjoyed any and all music. When he brought his album home we sat listening entranced by the range of his voice... later I went to many small hall concerts of his the first of which was in Cleveland at the Agora(sp?). Fantastic voice and incredible 12 string virtuoso. Gord definitely has his qualities on the 12 string and I admire them both equally.
fowlesjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:44 PM   #131
gwen snyder

quote:Originally posted by jg005@aol.com:
Hi Gwyn Snyder

Shawn Phillips was the first 12 string album I heard and owned. This of course was back in 1973. He played very heavy cords and his song were very unique. I have not heard of him being mentioned in the music world until now.

Is he English? and I wonder if he still produces new stuff.

jg, I only know when I first heard him was through my extremely talented late brother who enjoyed any and all music. When he brought his album home we sat listening entranced by the range of his voice... later I went to many small hall concerts of his the first of which was in Cleveland at the Agora(sp?). Fantastic voice and incredible 12 string virtuoso. Gord definitely has his qualities on the 12 string and I admire them both equally.
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:47 PM   #132
jg005@aol.com

Hi Guwyn

I looked up Shawn Phillips' tour schedule but he had nothing close to Jax. FL. It looks like he performs overseas a lot.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:47 PM   #133
jg005@aol.com

Hi Guwyn

I looked up Shawn Phillips' tour schedule but he had nothing close to Jax. FL. It looks like he performs overseas a lot.