banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2004, 09:17 PM   #1
Betty

I've been lurking on this site, reading things and was wondering if someone can give me dates for Gordon's upcoming concerts? I know about the ones in Hamilton (and understand they're sold out) and Las Vegas ones (for which I guess tickets are not on sale yet)? What are the ones people are referring to in May 2005? (Would that be Massey Hall?)

I've come back to Gordon's music also after a long, long absence. I have been ordering his CD's recently like a mad woman. And I have the DVD "Live in Reno" and I watch it all the time. It's a good thing I live alone because otherwise I'd be driving someone nuts with it! I've always loved him, and I'm so glad I found my way back to him. It happened when I ran across information on the launch of Harmony on the internet. I was gone! And, I think Harmony is possibily his best work to date!

Although we're not young (I'm 54) my "boyfriend" (he's 55) is in Iraq with the Army, and my Dad just died three weeks ago so I've needed some mellow, wonderful voice to keep me sane.

I live in Vermont, and I would give anything to see Gordon Lightfoot in concert. And I'm going to make it happen before he or I are gone from this planet. I love him! It's nice to read all your posts and how much you all love him too! I hope he knows how much pleasure he brings to people!

Betty
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:32 PM   #2
brink

www.lightfoot.ca is the place to go that is Wayne Francis' site, he also has his daughter's site posted there, she's really good. Welcome Betty, sorry about your father, Gord's music seems to help ease one's thoughts when you're depressed or sad. Yes, May is Massey Hall. I have a friend in Iraq, I hope all goes well with your friend and he gets home soon.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:36 PM   #3
LSH

Hi Betty, and welcome. If you've been lurking awhile, then you know there a couple of people that have extra tickets for the Hamilton concerts...you may want to check into that. It would be wonderful to have you there to share the experience!
You wouldn't lack for company of lightfoot lovers, that's for sure.
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:50 PM   #4
Betty

Thanks so much for your prompt replies. I did see somewhere that there were extra tickets for Hamilton...but didn't know if that was still the case. Don't know where I saw it though....can anyone help me with that?

Thank you.
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:11 AM   #5
jj

"please contact fowlesjohn@hotmail.com for further details. As of now the plan is to meet on Sunday, November 28th at 4 p.m.
We do have one extra ticket for Sunday and one extra ticket for Monday if anyone would like to make a last minute decision to attend.

Thanks,
Susan and John"
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 06:25 PM   #6
jj

quote:Originally posted by Betty:
A special thank you to Char, John, Susan and Lynne for all their help.

no problem, Betty...don't mention it
lol
jj is offline   Reply With Quote