banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
Betty

Does anyone know if Gordon has dogs and/or cats? I couldn't find anything about it when I searched.

Just curious!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
brink-

He has a dog, don't know about cats though. I think the dog's name is something like mystic or something close to that.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
Jesse Joe

Now if it's true that he is separated, from his wife Elizabeth. Just watch these 4 little video clips. I suspect he's visiting, Meredith at her Mom's place.

Give a listen to the second and fourth, where you hear the door bell, then a dog barking. Might be his place too?

{1}

{2}

{3}

{4}
[ November 03, 2006, 16:15: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Mischief. He mentioned her when I interviewed him back in 2002. She was still a puppy then.

I believe he also had a dog when he was a child. He wrote a very beautiful song called An Old Friend, which is one of the never released songs on the Warner Brothers Demos.
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #5
brink-

Thanks Val, I spent the day going over "M" words, trying to remember it.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #6
GJA

His daughter is so cute. She seems to really lover her daddy.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:38 AM   #7
Jesse Joe

His daughter is so cute indeed, and Ive seen people post here that she's got him rap around her pinky, and he loves it.

There are lot's of woman on this Site that would love to be in her place. Right Ladies???

I remember Canadian{?} David Foster, introducing Gord at The House Of Blues, some years ago, and some women shouted from the audience , "He's sexy." Gordon just smile, as usual being ever so modest, and launched into "Don Quixote." What a guy, what a life he's had.

I always tell my siblings that, he's had it all.

Marylin Mackay's interview of Lightfoot in his Rosedale Mansion, in 1990, ask him about, must have been hard work. The Poet Genius smiled and said,something like; No, we had fun, we got to travel a lot, and see the world. Hard work, I mean what is hard work? Hard work is planting trees or working in a mine. What a guy!!!

Something funny when he received, the Governor Generals Arts Award, I have that on tape, have not watch it for a while. But some of the other recipients were well over 65, some maybe in there mid 70's, except Karen Kain. And I forget her name, but there was this little old lady, that was seated 2 or 3 chairs, from Gord, would constantly looked at Lightfoot and smiled, as if she had a crush on him. Made me laugh...

Your the best Gord...~Jesse~

[ November 04, 2006, 06:54: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Old 11-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #8
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

In Keene, NH, back in 2000 or 2001, after Gord finished IYCRMM, a lull came over the theater. I think he had everyone awed. A women, sitting towards the front of the balcony, must have been very moved, because she muttered the words, "I love you, Gord." It rang out across the entire theater, for everyone to hear.
He actually started blushing. It was quite hilarious.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #9
Peter Bro10

I'm with timetraveler on this one. I have come to a point in life where I don't envy anyone... not even Gord (although I wish I could play a couple of his songs).
All persons have feet of clay, so to speak, and I have learned not to place anyone on a pedestal. All too often I have been disappointed in people, especially celebrity types, when their personality is revealed. It was a relief to hear Gord is not like that!

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #10
Gitchigumee

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesse -Joe:
Marylin Mackay's interview of Lightfoot in his Rosedale Mansion, in 1990, ask him about, must have been hard work. The Poet Genius smiled and said,something like; No, we had fun, we got to travel a lot, and see the world. Hard work, I mean what is hard work? Hard work is planting trees or working in a mine. What a guy!!!

Something funny when he received, the Governor Generals Arts Award, I have that on tape, have not watch it for a while. But some of the other recipients were well over 65, some maybe in there mid 70's, except Karen Kain. And I forget her name, but there was this little old lady, that was seated 2 or 3 chairs, from Gord, would constantly looked at Lightfoot and smiled, as if she had a crush on him. Made me laugh...

I'm amazed at all the memorabelia, TV clips, interviews, photos and stories that everyone has. I wish so much that it could all be compiled into some sort book or DVD or both--a multi-media set. There is a real opportunity here for some ambitious person (or group of people). It really should all be preserved somehow, so that those rare items don't wind up getting lost forever some day.
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #11
Jesse Joe

This is interesting Gitchigumee. I got the Movie Harry Tracy, in English and French on VHS tape, and just this morning I received the DVD, which I had ordered.

I know the movie by heart, but will watch it again on DVD. It was to have the DVD case with the picture, of Gord and Bruce Dern. lol

I dont know if you saw the interview, {Canadian, Alan Thicke,} did, of Gord and Helen shaver, in 1980 for the movie. They were in there costume. Gordon doing Morrie Nathan United States Marshall out of Utah. It was very enjoyable too watch. And of course he interviewed, Bruce Dern also in Harry Tracy's costume.

Many people will say the interview was as good as the movie.

But I enjoyed the movie, because of Gord being in it. Also nice scenery, Canada's West...

Did you see the episode of Hotel, with Gord in it playing a recovering alcoholic signer named, Joe Daniels?

[ November 06, 2006, 20:14: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Old 11-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #12
Gitchigumee

Jessie Joe,

I have not seen the movie Harry Tracy (yet) although it is on my list of movies to rent. Maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list to own. It would be cool if the interview by Alan Thicke was in the special features of the DVD. Do you know if it is?

Unfortunately, I don't recall seeing the Hotel episode with Gord either--I was pretty young when that show was on the air, but that is exactly the type of thing I wish were in a compilation of his works. Maybe someday we'll be able to purchase all of those items on-line, the day will probably come when we can request, for example, Episode 4 from Season 3 of Hotel. I remember the show well, and I liked it. It was kind of the land version of Love Boat, which I also liked alot. Wish there were a show like that nowadays.
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #13
vlmagee

Actually, the show Las Vegas kind of reminds me of Hotel ...
Old 11-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #14
Auburn Annie

And they always feature musicians (Jewel was on the latest episode.) Gord's a little too laid back (and skews too old?) for the pace of the show. On the other hand, Ed (James Caan, who looks like he's having a ball with that character) could book him for his wife as an anniversary surprise. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Anybody else find Delinda's a pain and Mary's too whiny? Maybe Danny should head back to Iraq.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #15
Gitchigumee

I've never watched Las Vegas, didn't actually know there was a show called Las Vegas. And I really like James Caan too, so I'll be watching for it, thanks.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #16
Jesse Joe

Quote:
Originally posted by Gitchigumee:
Jessie Joe,

I have not seen the movie Harry Tracy (yet) although it is on my list of movies to rent. Maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list to own. It would be cool if the interview by Alan Thicke was in the special features of the DVD. Do you know if it is?

Unfortunately, I don't recall seeing the Hotel episode with Gord either--I was pretty young when that show was on the air, but that is exactly the type of thing I wish were in a compilation of his works. Maybe someday we'll be able to purchase all of those items on-line, the day will probably come when we can request, for example, Episode 4 from Season 3 of Hotel. I remember the show well, and I liked it. It was kind of the land version of Love Boat, which I also liked alot. Wish there were a show like that nowadays.
No it is not GG, just the movie. Alan Thicke was on CTV Network here in Canada, also an interview by Don Harron, who also had a talk show on CTV.

I have a little interview, of Gord in Los -Angeles, at an All Stars hockey game. He was in the stands, with a leather jacket, looked exactly like the photo on the Gord's Gold Album. He had performed the night before at a benefit for the all star banquet.

He was invited by Alan Thicke and his then wife Gloria Loring.

I remember Alan Thicke mentioning it at a Juno Awards, that Gord flew his entire band from Toronto to L.A., at his own expense.

What A Guy!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #17
Long River

Quote:
Originally posted by timetraveler:
I don't know about whether or not I'd want to trade places with anyone, but I do know that I'd feel like I'd died & gone to heaven if I'd ever meet the man.
I met him a few years ago after a concert. I said how much I enjoyed his music & he said something back to me. Stupid me, I was so thrilled that I don't remember a word of what he said. I still kick myself. I think it was some kind of quote, not just oh, thanks. What a nice, down-to-earth, humble man.

Jesse-Joe, the daughter is not the one I'd like to change places with, iynwim!
Long River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #18
vlmagee

Default Re: Dogs

Old 11-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #19
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn Annie View Post
And they always feature musicians (Jewel was on the latest episode.) Gord's a little too laid back (and skews too old?) for the pace of the show. On the other hand, Ed (James Caan, who looks like he's having a ball with that character) could book him for his wife as an anniversary surprise. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Anybody else find Delinda's a pain and Mary's too whiny? Maybe Danny should head back to Iraq.
ooooooooooohhhhhhh that would be soooo kewl!

Yep - I agree with you about Delinda and Mary! Sam's kewl though. As far as Danny ...he can head back East here
Old 11-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #20
podunklander

I rarely watched TV in the 80's (or now). The ONLY showed I watched regularly was St. Elsewhere. Also would watch SNL here and there or any show where there was a cameo of someone I wanted to see. I wouldn't watch a show like Hotel, but did when Gord was on. Ended up getting hooked on the show for a few more episodes after that.

I'm almost positive I saw Harry Tracey (or wanted to) but I'd have to see it again to be sure.

Gord and the 80's hmmmmmmmm. I remember hating how he dressed! Anyway, as far as his good looks - he's been blessed with for sure! He's always been a nice-looking man and always will be. I always admired how handsome he was, but never gave it much thought until I photographed him a couple of months ago. VERY photogenic.

Oh hehe and Jesse Joe's post reminded me of something years ago...I overheard an elderly woman 'whisper' into my then-bosses' ear (he was a decade 1/2 older than I - she, probably early-mid 70's)...she called him "sweetcheeks" and I saw her pat him on the butt!!!

I don't doubt that Gord gets attention from woman of all ages!

Pam
Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #21
vlmagee

Was I too subtle? This is Mischief, the yellow lab Lightfoot talked about. Daughter Meredith has put together a lovely video, down to the choice of song. I think Dad would approve.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #22
Jesse Joe

Thank's for this sweet video Val.

Is it her mother Elizabeth we see at the begining, (quick shot) w/ the puppy ?

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 11-09-2007 at 11:48 AM.