banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-22-2003, 05:42 PM   #1
mtheeb

A few days ago, Hugh Hewitt, a conservative radio talk show host (heard nationwide in the U.S.), played pretty much all of "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" while bemoaning Canada's decision to go (as Hewitt states) "the way of the French. No U.N. resolution endorsing war [against Iraq], no Canadian participation in the coming conflict. That's a long way from Normandy. Perhaps it is because Prime Minister Jean Chretien speaks french. Always good to know who your friends are when the tough decisions have to be made." Hewitt apparently admires Lightfoot (whom he saw perform in L.A.) and misses that Canadian drive and determination sung about in "Trilogy." (I do hear that western Canada is with us, however, and that they would like to secede from the eastern provinces.) Anyway, I'm glad that Gordy finally got some airplay here in the States!
mtheeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 05:42 PM   #2
Restless

A few days ago, Hugh Hewitt, a conservative radio talk show host (heard nationwide in the U.S.), played pretty much all of "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" while bemoaning Canada's decision to go (as Hewitt states) "the way of the French. No U.N. resolution endorsing war [against Iraq], no Canadian participation in the coming conflict. That's a long way from Normandy. Perhaps it is because Prime Minister Jean Chretien speaks french. Always good to know who your friends are when the tough decisions have to be made." Hewitt apparently admires Lightfoot (whom he saw perform in L.A.) and misses that Canadian drive and determination sung about in "Trilogy." (I do hear that western Canada is with us, however, and that they would like to secede from the eastern provinces.) Anyway, I'm glad that Gordy finally got some airplay here in the States!
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 12:33 AM   #3
justalightfootfan

now that would be news worthy, the part about Gords' song. you know what, americans (yes that is all of us, north, south, east and west) all need to listen to the u.n. if we truly believe that we are connected to this world, and we are!!!
justalightfootfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 12:33 AM   #4
gwn snyder

now that would be news worthy, the part about Gords' song. you know what, americans (yes that is all of us, north, south, east and west) all need to listen to the u.n. if we truly believe that we are connected to this world, and we are!!!
gwn snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 02:00 AM   #5
mtheeb

Listen to the U.N.? An organization whose Human Rights Commission is chaired by Libya? That would be unsound advice. 33 votes for and only 3 (including the U.S. and Canada) against Libyan chairmanship suggests that the U.N. is not exactly a moral beacon in this world.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:00 AM   #6
Restless

Listen to the U.N.? An organization whose Human Rights Commission is chaired by Libya? That would be unsound advice. 33 votes for and only 3 (including the U.S. and Canada) against Libyan chairmanship suggests that the U.N. is not exactly a moral beacon in this world.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:47 AM   #7
Brian 57

Let's keep this Lightfoot! Take debates to Small Talk please!
Brian 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 12:28 PM   #8
mtheeb

I simply adore Gordon Lightfoot! One world, one love! Lightfoot rules! Peace and happiness to all! (There. Are you happy?)
Old 02-23-2003, 12:28 PM   #9
Restless

I simply adore Gordon Lightfoot! One world, one love! Lightfoot rules! Peace and happiness to all! (There. Are you happy?)
Old 02-24-2003, 01:29 PM   #10
bjorn

quote:Originally posted by Restless:

I agree Restless,
Anyone who thinks the UN is fair and unbiased needs to take another look. The United Nations has become a parody of itself.
Erica
bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 01:29 PM   #11
Sundreme

quote:Originally posted by Restless:

I agree Restless,
Anyone who thinks the UN is fair and unbiased needs to take another look. The United Nations has become a parody of itself.
Erica
Sundreme is offline   Reply With Quote