banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-12-2002, 10:46 PM   #1
Bill Allen

Hi gang! There is a lovely article in this morning's NY Times regarding Eva Cassidy. (For those of you who might be unfamiliar with her, she's a marvelous--well, in my opinion anyway!--singer...she passed away in 1996. If you saw Michele Kwan in the winter Olympics, she skated to Cassidy's rendition of "Fields of Gold.") In any event, on BBC Radio's Terry Wogan website, they have clips from her upcoming release Imagine. It includes her version of Early Morning Rain. It's the 7th clip down, or at least it was when I looked at the website.
Derek
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/te...y.shtml#tracks
Bill Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 10:46 PM   #2
telekidd

Hi gang! There is a lovely article in this morning's NY Times regarding Eva Cassidy. (For those of you who might be unfamiliar with her, she's a marvelous--well, in my opinion anyway!--singer...she passed away in 1996. If you saw Michele Kwan in the winter Olympics, she skated to Cassidy's rendition of "Fields of Gold.") In any event, on BBC Radio's Terry Wogan website, they have clips from her upcoming release Imagine. It includes her version of Early Morning Rain. It's the 7th clip down, or at least it was when I looked at the website.
Derek
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/te...y.shtml#tracks
telekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 11:48 AM   #3
jaybyrd

Well done Telekidd for picking up that particular item. We Brits hooked into Eva Cassidy some little while ago. To the point where her album "Songbird" hit the coveted No. 1 spot in the Brit album chart. And now this new album has just hit No. 1 over here. Which is good news for Gordon as he will get a small injection of the 'Filthy Lucre' into his account, thanks to Eva's version of EMR.
jaybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 11:48 AM   #4
wattsdmatter

Well done Telekidd for picking up that particular item. We Brits hooked into Eva Cassidy some little while ago. To the point where her album "Songbird" hit the coveted No. 1 spot in the Brit album chart. And now this new album has just hit No. 1 over here. Which is good news for Gordon as he will get a small injection of the 'Filthy Lucre' into his account, thanks to Eva's version of EMR.
wattsdmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 05:19 PM   #5
SilverHeels

I love Eva Cassidy - she has the voice of an angel. I havent got the new album yet but
am looking forward to hearing EMR.
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 08:54 PM   #6
joveski

you can get her new album from hot records (along with a stack of ed kuepper albums) - who has done a nice electronic cover of Sundown
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote