banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
Unsettled 1

Default YouTube removing videos

I just discovered that all of Kefera's videos were removed for "terms of use violation". He apparently has another channel and is re-posting . Does anyone know if this is a copyright issue?
Unsettled 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: YouTube removing videos

http://www.corfid.com/vbb/showthread...ghlight=kefera
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
Jesse Joe

I will second what Misty said Brian, you know how I feel about your voice... Amazing ressemblance to an earlier Lightfoot & how about that Joe Mills really good voice & he gets those chords pretty close to the way they sound on those Lightfoot recordings.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Unsettled 1

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments. I still don't understand why videos are removed, and why once removed, you can simply create another channel. I thought W.B. was easing off the copyright issue. Oh well, time will tell. Maybe it's just putting up the one song that gets flagged, and then....
Unsettled 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettled 1 View Post
I still don't understand why videos are removed, and why once removed, you can simply create another channel.
The answers to those questions require the guidance from a higher power, aka lawyers. Have you read the terms of service agreement ? It's murkier than the Haitian drinking water.

Here's an example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQfOOw925pM
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
Jeffnor

Icon11 Re: YouTube removing videos

So I just signed up here even though I've been coming to the site for years to check on GL concerts in my area and other info. I, like other folks here, like to play GL songs on my guitar but seeing this thread and all the removed videos from You Tube leads me to ask WHY? Is there some reason You Tube could be pulling vids because someone in Mr. Lightfoots management team or otherwise connected may be asking them to? I shy away from that idea because that would mean all GL covers would be pulled but I thought I'd bring it up. ("Don't Beat Me Down" I was only asking/thinking) I have a few on there myself (You Tube) and many folks have liked them and I wouldn't mind putting one or two here as long as I knew it would not create any problems, get me in trouble or get them pulled. A few have been up for over two years with no issues so I thought I'd ask. Thanks.
Jeffnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #7
adampatric

The videos have not been removed. Joe's video are fabulous. Especially I too liked the voice. It seems it's filled with passion in it.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
DawnsMinstrel

Hi adampatric

by all means post away. I've been posting for a couple of years myself and no one's bothered mine yet. Probably someone at warner brothers blows off steam once in a while when he's in a bad mood by demanding someone's vids be taken down. Then when he's feeling better he just starts to ignore us again.

-Tim
DawnsMinstrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #9
MollyMarie

Videos are often removed because the music publisher files a copyright infringement claim with YouTube. Those who post cover versions are (technically) using copyrighted material without permission to do so. This happened to me. After 3 'strikes', YouTube removed my channel altogether. I'd posted several Lightfoot covers; these were not the subject of complaints, however. (The claims filed were for 2 Eagles covers and a Meatloaf cover.)
MollyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
Affair on Touhy Ave.

So much music stuff have been removed from YT lately
Affair on Touhy Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
JohnStinson

I just got this message on my YouTube account...

"You have videos that may contain content that is owned by someone else. Please review these videos. "

..and here is what it said...

Your video, , may include content that is owned or administered by these entities:

• Entity: Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society Content Type: Musical Composition

What should I do?

No action is required on your part. Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases ads may appear next to your video.
What can I do about my video's status?

Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. You may want to check back periodically to see if you have new options available to you.
Under certain circumstances, you may dispute this copyright claim. These are:
  • if the content is mistakenly identified and is actually completely your original creation;
  • if you believe your use does not infringe copyright (e.g. it is fair use under US law);
  • if you are actually licensed by the owner to use this content.
I need more information. I want to learn more about the dispute process.
Please take a few minutes to visit our Help Center section on Policy and Copyright Guidelines, where you can learn more about copyright law and our Content Identification Service.
JohnStinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #12
Gord H

Well the only outfit that has ultimate control of Gord's music is Early Morning Productions.. unless you get a letter direct from his office.. ignore anything else you recieve.. because a third party cannot dictate to you what you may or may not do.

Gord's mailing address is on here somewhere.. why not consider writing and get official blessing from Gord himself? Just a thought. He is aware that others do covers of his songs and I think in one of his many interviews he said " whatever brings people to my music" or something to that effect.
Gord H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:44 AM   #13
jj

...maybe they didn't like Paul's man-from-glad outfit and hat

maybe there is a lawyer in the house who can decipher...here's Larry's rant

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...20/Z57z8bdC3i4

maybe you should also prepare to address the nation...your channel is terrific
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #14
Auburn Annie

"Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society" is not a company, but a generic term for collecting societies, the organisations in various countries which collect royalties.

The official statements released by Google about this are a little unclear to me (probably because statements like this have to go through the legal department which tends to mangle perfectly good English into Legalese), but from what I can make out, it's just different collecting societies in different countries collecting royalties on the music you've used.

You can try disputing the claim -- there should be a "Dispute" button on the notification in your account settings which will take you to the correct form.

--From a Google q&a forum
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #15
JohnStinson

Just noticed a difference in the video they flagged. Youtube has an advertising in the top right hand corner ...none of my other videos do.

Is that why the warning???
JohnStinson is offline   Reply With Quote