banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #251
fezo

Default Re: Keep me in mind

Hey! Ortley Beach is only maybe 25 miles from here....
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #252
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
Have a great time at the Bruce Hornsby concert tonight, Fezo.

I went to see Marshall Tucker last Saturday night. I actually went and got some autographs. That was the first time in my life I did that. Some brave girl dragged me over to them. Tomorrow night they will be at Joey Harrisons's Surf Club in Ortley Beach, New Jersey.
WOW...Patti :D must have been fun and glad you got to get some autographs!!! Congrats on your 1st time!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #253
fezo

Hornsby was great - and right up front. Nice night.

He probably played two and a half hours but he's one that's capable of a 20 minute song.... It's no wonder he used to play with the Grateful Dead! Great show. Very good time. It's one in the AM and I'm heading to the hospital in the morning. Time to sleep.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #254
podunklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezo View Post
Hornsby was great - and right up front. Nice night.

He probably played two and a half hours but he's one that's capable of a 20 minute song.... It's no wonder he used to play with the Grateful Dead! Great show. Very good time. It's one in the AM and I'm heading to the hospital in the morning. Time to sleep.
Oh kewl! Glad you got to go !! How did you make out with the transfusion today?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #255
fezo

Did all right. I'm almost up to life-like....
Old 08-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #256
fezo

Just an update....

Was at the doc's today and passed the hemoglobin test again. Not a great number but better than last week without someone else's blood for going on four weeks. This is progress.

The folks over at the infusion lab must think I've either moved or died on them. Neither is so.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #257
charlene

Quote:
Just an update....

Was at the doc's today and passed the hemoglobin test again. Not a great number but better than last week without someone else's blood for going on four weeks. This is progress.

The folks over at the infusion lab must think I've either moved or died on them. Neither is so.
YAY! that's good news on all counts!

Pam was supposed to have some back tests done this week for an emerg.surgery but I see she has deleted her post about it..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #258
Patti

Good update, fezo.

progressomundo.
Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #259
Peter Bro10

Quote:
Just an update....

That's good news... and we'll take all the good news we can get!!!!
--- I'll keep praying for you and your family, Fezo...

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #260
fezo

Long time no post..... Well, I had a tidbit in geosteve's topic but....

Anyway, here we go. Things continue to be taking a turn for the better but next Tuesday is my first surgery ever. They'll be putting that catheter in me. Goes right into a vein above the heart. Pre-admit tests tomorrow.

Basically should be a piece of cake but I'll feel better about it after it's over. They would have to do this sooner or later since my veins have had it.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #261
fezo

Forget the Novocaine - I'm going straight for the knock me out.. Lie down, get comfy, wake up and it's done. I only discovered the wonders of general anesthesia a few years ago and am now a major fan....
Old 09-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #262
Patti

We're thinking about you Steve. Hope all goes well and you recover quickly.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #263
fezo

And I'm back. Sore as all get out but otherwise fine.

Doc says no going to work for a week.

It's nap time but I'll be back in before long....
Old 09-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #264
podunklander

Quote:
And I'm back. Sore as all get out but otherwise fine.

Doc says no going to work for a week.

It's nap time but I'll be back in before long....
glad you're fine! Rest up on your week off!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #265
fezo

Thanks.

Oh, my aching self! Now one problem is the procedure which is just under the right side collarbone. Ta add to it they seem to have missed a vein in my chemo yesterday which is OK from an effectiveness standpoint because the medication works whether it's in a vein or not but when it's not right in the vein things swell up an hurt (which is why they do it in the vein) so my right elbow is also swollen and hurts. Then, to go for the trifecta they must have nicked something putting the catheter for the procedure in my right hand and the back of that hurts like the dickens.

Of course if I already had the port neither of those latter two events would have happened...

So it will take a few days for my right side to be back to OK but I can live with that.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #266
fezo

OK, how cool is this? It's been long enough since I posted in here that I got bumped off the first page! All right!

That port they put in does the job. It IS pretty annoying to tell you the truth and there is a bump on my right side where it is but it does the job and the incision is healing nicely.

It has now been six weeks (yes! six weeks!) since my last blood transfusion. I do a lot of chemo but other than the back and forth to get that it's not a huge deal.

I could get used to this.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #267
Jesse Joe

Great to hear fezo, you hang in there my good man.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #268
podunklander

Quote:
OK, how cool is this? It's been long enough since I posted in here that I got bumped off the first page! All right!

That port they put in does the job. It IS pretty annoying to tell you the truth and there is a bump on my right side where it is but it does the job and the incision is healing nicely.

It has now been six weeks (yes! six weeks!) since my last blood transfusion. I do a lot of chemo but other than the back and forth to get that it's not a huge deal.

I could get used to this.
Are you getting a lot of side effects from the chemo? Does the port hurt?
Well 6 weeks! Hope you are able to go even longer

Myself, a little improvement and my doc told me to hang in there. He had told me 3-4 months at the end of July (I think?). I'm able to feel hunger pangs again so I'm eating more regularly. Well I did get a chance to talk about it with a biology prof from Brown U after a lecture (about the brain, memory and learning) and he explained the negative feedback-cortisol issue and how that has affected my memory and the hunger thing, etc. I still don't get it ...he was talking too fast !
Old 11-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #269
Patti

Fezo,

Have you heard of these hats? I have seen them, but I didn't know what they were called.

Just found out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fez_(hat)
Old 11-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #270
fezo

Hey! Just back from Florida. Nice get away and haven't had one of those in three years. Of course I hadn't been away because of my health and this time I go away and right away have a call from the doctor saying my white blood cell count is way low. I let that go but checked in today. They have now pushed off chemo for a week in hope of the white count correcting itself. We'll see what happens if it doesn't. if it does I just restart chemo.

Ah, the fez! The way the word fezo got invented was that when I was mmaybe 12 I tried to sneak a word by my then six year old brother when playing Scrabble for Juniors. The board has little pictures with words around it. One is of a fez. My brother had the right letters for that and played it. I had almost all vowels and no words to make so I threw an o at the end of fez and tried unsuccessfully to convince him it was a word. didn't work but teh word stuck. We've used it for everything - including a band name.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #271
podunklander

Welcome back! Where in FL? Hope your blood count improves and you're feeling ok.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 AM   #272
Patti

I hope you had a nice vacation, and, yeah, what she said. 'Wherefore were thou?' They had some unseasonably warm weather in Florida I heard on the weather channel. Now they are getting cooled down.

They had scrabble for juniors when you were 12? I didn't know that. ..... Fez. I used to like playing scrabble at my Grandparents when I was around that age.

So they also copied you guys for the seventies show, ? (kidding). I hadn't heard that name before. When that show first came on tv, I wasn't watching it. A 'seventies' friend told me I reminded him of a girl on the show, so recently had to watch some reruns of it. Last time I saw it, about two weeks ago, Fezo was extremely funny.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #273
fezo

I was a trend setter. What can I tell you?

We were down in Kissimmee. The younger kids hadn't done Disney yet so I had a walletectomy... I bought tickets that will still give them two more visits so some day I'll do that again.

Would like to get back to Tallahassee. Spent a year there in grad school and liked it a lot. Still have a friend or two up there. Actually has hills - unheard of in Florida.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #274
Patti

In Kissimmee? That's not far from where my bf lives. You had a walletectomy? Wow, I hope it wasn't too painful. I'm sure Carrie and Claire had fun. Are they in 2nd grade?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #275
fezo

Your bf is near Kissimmee? That's a bit of a commute!

The empty wallet is all right. Well worth it for the girls' reaction. They are in third grade! The youngest third graders in the class but they are doing fine.

They missed a day of school because we came home on Monday. What I hadn't counted on was they were out for the week before we left with the flu. Heck, on Carrie's last day on the medication she threw up in the rental car! Oy! We managed to make it as good as new - or as good as slightly used...