banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2000, 02:26 PM   #1
John

I heard Gord being interviewed by Art Bell a few months ago but had no tape to record it...

Can someone help me obtain a good copy - I can supply tape(s) and cover costs for postage/packaging OR if you are interested in Van Morrison - I have many interviews with him and much other rare stuff to offer in return... I hope it is OK to post this request here on this list - it is the only place i can think that can help me...

I saw Gord for first time in Westbury, NY - all I can say is that I was that I went there to hear the "Hits" but ended up enjoying every single song - what a great writer! I've been humming "Rainy Day People" in my head for the past 2 weeks! He sounded great and the performance was close to perfection as anybody else I've seen and I've seen a good few of what are considered the best in concert...

Please contact me privately at my personal e-mail: johngilligan@ireland.com

Fair play,

John "...Rainy Day People Don't Hide Love, They just Pass It Along..."

Old 03-23-2000, 02:26 PM   #2
John

I heard Gord being interviewed by Art Bell a few months ago but had no tape to record it...

Can someone help me obtain a good copy - I can supply tape(s) and cover costs for postage/packaging OR if you are interested in Van Morrison - I have many interviews with him and much other rare stuff to offer in return... I hope it is OK to post this request here on this list - it is the only place i can think that can help me...

I saw Gord for first time in Westbury, NY - all I can say is that I was that I went there to hear the "Hits" but ended up enjoying every single song - what a great writer! I've been humming "Rainy Day People" in my head for the past 2 weeks! He sounded great and the performance was close to perfection as anybody else I've seen and I've seen a good few of what are considered the best in concert...

Please contact me privately at my personal e-mail: johngilligan@ireland.com

Fair play,

John "...Rainy Day People Don't Hide Love, They just Pass It Along..."

Old 03-24-2000, 02:52 PM   #3
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Regarding the Art Bell interview, they had it online at the Art Bell web site for many months. They recently switched over to their own server (rather than Broadcast.com) and they no longer have it, but they have others and might be willing to put it back up if requested. Also, they have a service to provide cassette tapes of past programs. You might try both of these routes to get a copy. I know several people did tape it (me included), but I think you should be able to get it through official sources.

Art's site is at www.artbell.com

The phone number to request specific programs is 800-917-4278. The show was originally broadcast on the evening of 9/29. Good luck!

I'm glad you got to see him in concert at Westbury. I know many people go to a Lightfoot concert to hear the hit or hits they remember (such as Wreck, or IYCRMM or Sundown), and walk out totally amazed at how good he is and how many great songs he has written. It's an experience not to be missed!

------------------
Valerie Magee
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote