banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
sbmj693

Does anyone out there have the lyrics to My Love For You from Harry Tracy, also where could I find a copy of just the song.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #2
sbmj693

Does anyone out there have the lyrics to My Love For You from Harry Tracy, also where could I find a copy of just the song.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:23 AM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Certainly the complete lyrics are actually on Wayne Francis' site at:- http://www.lightfoot.ca/mylove4u.htm
The recording (featured twice in Harry Tracey) is only normally available on the actual movie soundtrack which appears as a VHS tape on Ebay from time to time or on a recent DVD reissue that Best buy were selling off at a mere $6.99 a few months back so it would be possible to extract the song only from there
John Fowles
If somebody vanishes without a trace,how do people know they're missing??
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:23 AM   #4
johnfowles

Certainly the complete lyrics are actually on Wayne Francis' site at:- http://www.lightfoot.ca/mylove4u.htm
The recording (featured twice in Harry Tracey) is only normally available on the actual movie soundtrack which appears as a VHS tape on Ebay from time to time or on a recent DVD reissue that Best buy were selling off at a mere $6.99 a few months back so it would be possible to extract the song only from there
John Fowles
If somebody vanishes without a trace,how do people know they're missing??
Old 01-29-2005, 12:52 PM   #5
TheWatchman

What software is best to use to extract audio only from DVD?
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:27 PM   #6
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by TheWatchman:
A similar question if I may be so bold as to say so as
"how long is a piece of string??

Oh dear Al where is your sense of adventure??
First of all from the nature of your question one must assume that your computer features a drive that will play DVDs (else
no software wouid be applicable anyway).(failing that for those who have only a standalone DVD player you could hook that up to their computer to digitis(z)e see Musicmatch below)
whatever.
Try googling for
"extract audio from a DVD"
you will get over half a million results top of the pile is
"Download DVD Audio Ripper - A software DVD soundtrack ripper which can extract sound tracks
from DVDs and save them as MP3 or WAV format."
but it will set you back 30 bucks so search within those results for "freeware"
then check a few of the 200,000+ results
I found:-
"BurnOn CD/DVD Free v3.1" at:- http://www.burnworld.com/burnoncddvd/
Or if you already have the wonderful MusicMatchwhere you can download a
(completely free basic version
currently version 9 for Windows 98)
and 10 but only if you have Windows XP
Then as Valerie has several times described it whatever is coming out of your computer's loudspeakers can be immediately recorded onto your hard drive either as a compressed mp3 or a full wav file. Then a CD burning program(me) such as Nero can be used to
directly burn (from either the mp3 or wav file format) a standard audio CD to play in your CD player including the one in
your muscle car
I hope that helps
John Fowles
Why is the alphabet in that order??

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited January 29, 2005).]

Old 01-29-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by TheWatchman:
A similar question if I may be so bold as to say so as
"how long is a piece of string??

Oh dear Al where is your sense of adventure??
First of all from the nature of your question one must assume that your computer features a drive that will play DVDs (else
no software wouid be applicable anyway).(failing that for those who have only a standalone DVD player you could hook that up to their computer to digitis(z)e see Musicmatch below)
whatever.
Try googling for
"extract audio from a DVD"
you will get over half a million results top of the pile is
"Download DVD Audio Ripper - A software DVD soundtrack ripper which can extract sound tracks
from DVDs and save them as MP3 or WAV format."
but it will set you back 30 bucks so search within those results for "freeware"
then check a few of the 200,000+ results
I found:-
"BurnOn CD/DVD Free v3.1" at:- http://www.burnworld.com/burnoncddvd/
Or if you already have the wonderful MusicMatchwhere you can download a
(completely free basic version
currently version 9 for Windows 98)
and 10 but only if you have Windows XP
Then as Valerie has several times described it whatever is coming out of your computer's loudspeakers can be immediately recorded onto your hard drive either as a compressed mp3 or a full wav file. Then a CD burning program(me) such as Nero can be used to
directly burn (from either the mp3 or wav file format) a standard audio CD to play in your CD player including the one in
your muscle car
I hope that helps
John Fowles
Why is the alphabet in that order??

Old 01-29-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
joveski

Al, to make it more brief, connect a cable from the 'line out' into the 'line in'. open any recording software and press the red button you'll have it as a wave file!
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:10 AM   #9
TheWatchman

Thanks John and Mende. My sense of adventure is frozen in the snowbank in front of my house. I've been using Acid Music to make CD's from LP's by hooking my record player up to the computer. My computer does not have a DVD player but my friend's does and we were trying to decide which software is best. My computer is very slow and outdated and we have a lot of DVD concerts that we want to put onto CD.

[This message has been edited by TheWatchman (edited January 30, 2005).]
Old 01-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #10
Station Master

Send a message via ICQ to Station Master

if you have been succesful at hooking up your phono to your PC and making CDs then why not take your regular DVD player (the type that you hookup to TV) and plug the composite jacks (ie. RCA red and white audio jacks) from the DVD player into where you are currently plugging in your phonograph?

good luck (that's my "lo-tech" method anyhow)

btw, what are the 'best' DVD concerts out there? the stores have really expanded their selections but seems to be about 98% junk...i think i have the other 2% (some have DTS audio )
Station Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #11
jj

if you have been succesful at hooking up your phono to your PC and making CDs then why not take your regular DVD player (the type that you hookup to TV) and plug the composite jacks (ie. RCA red and white audio jacks) from the DVD player into where you are currently plugging in your phonograph?

btw, what are the 'best' DVD concerts out there? the stores have really expanded their selections but seems to be about 98% junk...i think i have the other 2% (some have DTS audio )
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #12
TheWatchman

I won't be using my computer for this but my friend's instead.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #13
Gord

quote:Originally posted by jj:

You can't plug anything into the turntable jacks because they are preamplified and is only intended for turntables... plugging anything else into it will cause damage to the component... buddy of mine who works in home audio repair told me that.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #14
Gord

quote:Originally posted by jj:

You can't plug anything into the turntable jacks because they are preamplified and is only intended for turntables... plugging anything else into it will cause damage to the component... buddy of mine who works in home audio repair told me that.

Old 01-30-2005, 12:30 PM   #15
Station Master

Send a message via ICQ to Station Master

then mine should be called the "no-tech" method, lol
Station Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:30 PM   #16
jj

then mine should be called the "no-tech" method, lol
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:46 PM   #17
johnfowles

OK.

Thanks to the ex Sony sound engineer, prolific Newsgroup contributor all round accomplished guitarist and good chap
member of the fantastic 2002/2003 Gordon Lightfoot Tribute Band (pictures on the site:-

etc and Mozilla(Netscrape) champion Ed Mullen (who Char manages) there is an excellent introduction to this subject entitled
The Computer as a Music Playback and Recording Device
on his web site at:- http://ed.mullen.home.comcast.net/The_Computer_As_A_Music_Playback_and_Record_Device . html
But be warned if you start reading Ed's screed as I have just done make sure you have plenty of time to spare there is lots there to learn about!!
John Fowles
why wasn't I taught to say skedule at skool instead of the usual British shed-yule??
HTH (Hope That Helps)

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited January 30, 2005).]
Old 01-30-2005, 02:46 PM   #18
johnfowles

OK.

Thanks to the ex Sony sound engineer, prolific Newsgroup contributor all round accomplished guitarist and good chap
member of the fantastic 2002/2003 Gordon Lightfoot Tribute Band (pictures on the site:-

etc and Mozilla(Netscrape) champion Ed Mullen (who Char manages) there is an excellent introduction to this subject entitled
The Computer as a Music Playback and Recording Device
on his web site at:- http://ed.mullen.home.comcast.net/The_Computer_As_A_Music_Playback_and_Record_Device . html
But be warned if you start reading Ed's screed as I have just done make sure you have plenty of time to spare there is lots there to learn about!!
John Fowles
why wasn't I taught to say skedule at skool instead of the usual British shed-yule??
HTH (Hope That Helps)

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited January 30, 2005).]
Old 01-30-2005, 03:08 PM   #19
TheWatchman

I have a pre-amp that I plug into the turntable. Radio Shack sells them for around $20.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #20
Borderstone

For this and all other Lightfoot lyrics,go to http://www.lightfoot.ca/lyrchord.htm

Then just scroll down the alphabetical list of songs. Just about all of them are there. Happy hunting!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote