banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2000, 09:08 PM   #26
don evans

If I were fortunate enough to have even 5 minutes with Gordon, I would count it a great privilege. I think I would spend time finding out who he is and how he became so wise in life-matters. His lyrics cut the chase right to the heart...whenever I can, I plug in my envirascape fountain and pop in a GL CD. It is so relaxing and I can always find one of his tunes to relate to. I would like to ask the history behind some of the songs and what his goals for the future are.
don evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2000, 02:35 AM   #27
Jenney

If I were to meet Gord.I would thank him for letting me see that some men aren't afraid to show us that they too can be vulnerable.If we all talked more about what makes us passionate, happy or sad in a relationship, perhaps a few more of them would survive.

I would also thank him for The Canadian Railroad Trilogy.I think it should be taught in our schools as a history lesson.The massive ail system that once linked Canada together is now nothing but a joke.Thank God Gord takes me back to a time when a country's worth was measured by the ordinary men and women who worked so hard to amke this and great.Thanks Gord

And I would say,
Gord..You better take care
If you find you've been creeping round my back stairs.
If only.
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2000, 02:35 AM   #28
isabella

If I were to meet Gord.I would thank him for letting me see that some men aren't afraid to show us that they too can be vulnerable.If we all talked more about what makes us passionate, happy or sad in a relationship, perhaps a few more of them would survive.

I would also thank him for The Canadian Railroad Trilogy.I think it should be taught in our schools as a history lesson.The massive ail system that once linked Canada together is now nothing but a joke.Thank God Gord takes me back to a time when a country's worth was measured by the ordinary men and women who worked so hard to amke this and great.Thanks Gord

And I would say,
Gord..You better take care
If you find you've been creeping round my back stairs.
If only.
isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2000, 09:34 PM   #29
Simone

To Bob in Westphalia, Mich. When I stated "Survivors" above, I meant surviving family members. I am glad they have a chance to get together each year, and might not if it weren't for the song.
Simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2000, 09:34 PM   #30
Chris in Virginia

To Bob in Westphalia, Mich. When I stated "Survivors" above, I meant surviving family members. I am glad they have a chance to get together each year, and might not if it weren't for the song.
Chris in Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote