banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 01-07-2004, 11:26 PM   #1
P for Penelope

Hi all. "P" here. Still living and having a ball in Austr. I'm here to let you know that I have made some life changes recently. One thing is I am taking techn. out of my life. This means this is my last post. I will no longer use computers,watch TV or use aradio. I'm also becoming a full time nudist,so I'm moving to a naturist community. I had fun here and as we do in life,it's time to move on. Love y'all! bye.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:58 PM   #2
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

quote:Originally posted by P for Penelope:
Hi all. "P" here. Still living and having a ball in Austr. I'm here to let you know that I have made some life changes recently. One thing is I am taking techn. out of my life. This means this is my last post. I will no longer use computers,watch TV or use aradio. I'm also becoming a full time nudist,so I'm moving to a naturist community. I had fun here and as we do in life,it's time to move on. Love y'all! bye.

You mean you're not supposed to use a computer when you're in the nude?
Oh sh*t! Where did I put my clothes?

Seriously, Penny, and you probably won't see this, seeing you've made your last post, best of luck with your new adventures, and stay warm! (It may be summer now in Australia, but it won't stay that way).
Watch out for those flying foxes, too.

My big question is, how will you listen to Lightfoot if you no longer use a computer, TV or radio? Don't tell us you've sworn off that, too. I know of at least one other naturist on this site, and he still listens to Lightfoot!

Oh, what is this world coming to?

Cathy (it's too cold to be a naturist in Maine... minus 45F wind chill tonight. I'm going to find my flannel PJs, the ones with the built in footies.)
http://cathycowette.comfortablydressedinflannelpjs
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:11 AM   #3
P

quote:Originally posted by P for Penelope:
Hold On,I don't take the computer to the recycling center 'til tomorrow! I'm keeping a simple record player w/cassette option. Other than that,I'm a pagan now. I forgot to mention,that girl I met down here is now my girlfriend. I never knew I'd ever feel the same for a girl. Goin'to bed and bye-bye now,farewell! Over!'
Old 01-08-2004, 06:04 AM   #4
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Borderstone,
When I read her first post I thought "sounds like a roadtrip for the 'B'" .But her reply to Cathy threw us a curveball now didn't it? I wonder how her folks feel about this whole deal, didn't she move there with them ? Hey "P" - if you're still online good luck to you and we'll keep a light on for you.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:06 AM   #5
DMD3

" P it's bin good to know ya "!
Old 01-08-2004, 05:59 PM   #6
Borderstone

Good-bye & good luck Penelope! Sad to see you leavin' though! I wish I could join the "frolicking" in Aust. with you! Sure would be more fun than here in AZ.
All the best to you and I liked watching your spelling improve over the last year or so! Bye-Bye and buy bonds..James Bond 007!

------------------
Borderstone,gonna post some lines tonight!

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited January 08, 2004).]
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:54 PM   #7
Rob1956

We have passed the age where we can doff all
technology. If you eat a can of Campbell's soup, you are dipping into technology.
If you read a newspaper, you have to realize most of the printed word was delivered by computer or satellite. It is folly to you can escape it. Even full fledged veegans wear shoes made of leather.
If you take all tech out of your life, you loose. Even if you die and are cremated, the cremation oven is controlled by a computer!
Rob1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:21 PM   #8
Restless

So, uh, what kind of salary can a "full-time nudist" expect to earn these days?
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:41 PM   #9
Jenney

quote:Originally posted by Restless:

Minimilist wage?

Hey, at least P doesn't have to worry about how to carry her cell phone.
Jenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:44 PM   #10
Cathy

The bare minimum?

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com
Old 01-08-2004, 09:51 PM   #11
Restless

...and every day is casual day. Not a bad deal.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:54 PM   #12
Cathy

...and every day is casual day. Not a bad deal.

Yeah, and you don't have to bother with laundry.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com

Old 01-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #13
Borderstone

Speaking as a naturist myself,we only disrobe in the privacy of our own homes and at resorts and beaches and other naturist activities. We dress for work and when ever else necessary. We are naturists,not exhebitionists. Otherwise,it would be something to be ashamed of and I'd want no part of it. I wish I could do what Penelope is doing! I have to live in dull old PHX. Been me,later!

------------------
Borderstone,gonna post some lines tonight!:D
Old 01-08-2004, 09:58 PM   #14
Gaby

Trust you two to get to the nitty-gritty.

But, I expect p will find out all about that!
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:28 PM   #15
SomewhereupinMichigan

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
Speaking as a naturist myself,we only disrobe in the privacy of our own homes and at resorts and beaches and other naturist activities. We dress for work and when ever else necessary. We are naturists,not exhebitionists. Otherwise,it would be something to be ashamed of and I'd want no part of it. I wish I could do what Penelope is doing! I have to live in dull old PHX. Been me,later!

Border-buddy! Who would've thunk it of you!?!!
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:15 AM   #16
TheWatchman

I wish I could do what Penelope is doing!

I bet you do. It sounds like Penelope is farther along with her woman than you are with yours. Perhaps, if she still had a computer, she could give you some hints on how to woo a woman.

I am more curious about what kind of job P will have because most jobs are centered around technology. If she is serious about this, I hope she intends to shack up with some aborigine woman in the bush where she will gather berries in a basket all day.

The "minimalist" stuff I am sure is just a passing fad. I tend to want to "minimalize" stress in my life and for me, trying to do away with technology would just add gobs to it. It would go against my "minimalist" theory.

The nudity thing I don't get. Nudity is great, especially when shared with someone of the opposite sex, but I can't see the thrill of walking around the house naked or in a resort or whatever with 100 other people. There are some people my eyes were not meant to see naked.

Like Jerry Seinfeld says. "There is good nudity and there is bad nudity". A beautiful woman getting out of the shower is good nudity. A beautiful, naked woman running the sweeper is bad nudity.

What is the lure of walking around the house naked while cleaning, watching TV, doing the dishes, feeding the dog etc.? When streaking outside, beware of ticks and chickens.

There was this little kid several years ago who thought it would be cool to walk out to the chicken coop naked. He got his you-know-what pecked and had to get some stitches. Something a good pair of Levi's would have concealed and saved the poor boy the agony of getting his p****r pecked. True story.
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:25 PM   #17
Borderstone

Well Watchman,as I said above,we do not go wandering outside where everyone can see us,that being in a residential neighborhood. If one were out in their own country or mountain home or living in a naturist community,then it's as natural to them as it is to you being fully clothed.

True naturists also recognize that everyone is different as a person and in body form and we celebrate those differences by just letting others be themselves and not make them feel self-concious about anything. In the "real world" you have to say this and do that to be considered "normal" by others. The only true defenition of normal is,"what's normal for you,as long as it does no harm to yourself or others."
As for that boy who went out to the chickens,his parents should have been keeping a closer watch.

Michigan! I know. A lot of people,including family,couldn't believe it when they found out I had adapted this philosophy to my life. They thought I was weird for going to a naturist resort (they're no longer called Colony's) and actually thought I went there to "score",if you catch my drift. If that kind of thing were going on,I'd have nothing to do with it. To put this the simplest way,I have grown up a very decent,thoughtful God-loving person (although when I look back sometimes I may have been too nice to those not deserving). Being a God-loving person,without getting overly religious,I feel it's a great tribute to his creating us that we not be ashamed of our "selves" or be embarrased by others. It wasn't until (as stated in the Bible) Adam & Eve ate the fruit that human's hid in shame. I'm no Adonis but I have no reason to feel like I "have" to hide and when I went to the resort,I never felt more equal to people in my life. We talked and swam in the pool,took hikes etc. and it was as natural as talking with clothes. In fact,because I had been self-taught since the age of 12,when I first tried skinny-dipping,when I arrived there,I was not too nervous. A little but after awhile I was fine.
I know it's not for everyone but it's something one has to be comfortable with in the 1st place. I'm the only one in my family like me and I'm certainly glad about that! Been me,later!

------------------
Borderstone,gonna post some lines tonight!

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited January 09, 2004).]
Old 01-09-2004, 05:15 PM   #18
TheWatchman

Well Watchman,as I said above,we do not go wandering outside where everyone can see us,that being in a residential neighborhood.

Damn glad of that! I didn't say that you all wonder aimlessly outside. I was merely pointing out the comical side to being out in nature while disrobed. Residential area or not, ticks are present. Be careful. As for the little boy, it only takes about 2 nanoseconds for a 5 year old to get fully naked. Shouldn't be too concerned with parenting at this point Borderstone, just be careful around animals while your practicing your right to be naked.

Skinny dipping can be dangerous as well. According to the Discovery Channel, some water mammals can mistake a penis for a shrimp, and consequently some people have been bitten. The examply they showed was a big bad snapping turtle.

It surely does not take a nudist to realize that everyone is different and they should feel comfortable with the way God created them. That is a very positive viewpoint for sure. One that I fully embrace.

You know what, I am all for experiencing things so I can better understand them. Tomorrow night, the dragstrip is having their annual awards banquet. A few of us are going to a bar afterwords for a drink and I think I may suggest that we disrobe while we talk about making our cars go faster. Of course this couldn't happen in a public place, but perhaps I can suggest we meet next year at one of those "resorts". I don't think it will go over to well.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:31 PM   #19
Borderstone

No,I don't think your buddies would dig that too much!
Yes,kids are born naturists! It's not even a thought in their head until a parent teaches them otherwise. My mother tried to teach me but to no avail,obviously.
I noticed your comic view and yes,it was funny!
If I ever do swim in waters where there are other living things,I'll keep my eyes peeled. Otherwise,I only swim in pools at this time. Also,I'm glad you share the view of accepting peoples' differences. I wish the whole population of the planet felt that way. Oh,well..to each his own. Been me,back later!

------------------
Old 01-09-2004, 06:12 PM   #20
TheWatchman

To prove the point that kids are born wild & free and love to be naked...I was dating this girl back in college and she had a little brother that was 2 or 3. This kid loved to peel his clothes off and watch TV, play trucks etc. One minute he would be clothed and the very next minute you catch this blot of white streak past you.

The first I went over to meet her parents, her little brother was sitting on her mothers lap and Jessica (my ex)introduced me to her little brother and what do you think came out of his mouth? In front of the whole family too. He said "Hi, I'm Adam. I have a big penis. Do you have one?" I turned purple I was so embarassed as all eyes were on my waiting to see what I was going to say. What do you say to a 3 year old when they say something like that to you? He got into trouble but I can't remember what I said but I was never so glad to get the hell out of there.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:22 PM   #21
Borderstone

You simply say what I say to children that age when they say an odd remark. "You don't say?!" Then they get a very confused look on their face and leave.

As for the attraction to being "free",it's basically a liberating feeling to recreate Au Natural. It's an acquired liking and requires an open mind and just openness and healthy attitude about one's self in general. Most would be scared at first but later you relax and unwind.
Been me,later.

------------------
Old 01-09-2004, 09:26 PM   #22
Gaby

TMI!
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:33 PM   #23
Borderstone

As I said in TestForum,"I miss Miss Penelope!" Waaaaah! *

------------------