banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-05-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
SIRIUS1

Think it might be time to restart this one???
SIRIUS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
Iron

Think it might be time to restart this one???
Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
Mair

Well, maybe it is! And maybe this question is just too impossible! And after all this time, just when I was beginning to make my mind up (at last!) ... well, my favourite song is ... well, let's wait until tomorrow!

But right now I'm playing "Christian Island" My own personal "chill-out zone" - my antidote to a stressful day! (like the one I've had today!) ... that and "Pussywillows ..." ... oh no, you've started me off again!)

Maybe I will make a decision - only in about 50 years time!

Many songs, many reasons down the years. Do you really want to hear them all?
Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #4
Tyler

I am into Home from the Forest, All I'm After and Daylight Katy (again). My favorites change so often, I would be on here on a daily basis. Just so many fav's so little time.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #5
brink

I am into Home from the Forest, All I'm After and Daylight Katy (again). My favorites change so often, I would be on here on a daily basis. Just so many fav's so little time.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 02:15 AM   #6
Morgus

Trouble is, my fave changes every day.

Well, scratch that. My favorite has always, since childhood when it came out, been "Carefree Highway," but I was only a surface fan then. Now that I'm a full-fledged Lighthead, I have bought his Songbook set and am constantly finding new favorites.

Borderstone, it's pretty obvious which one your favorite is, and I like it too.

"Now and Then" is beautiful. "Fine As Fine Can Be" left me out of breath. "Steel Rail Blues" I like a lot. "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" is so visual it helps me see the train as it runs along the Canadian country side, going up and down hills, changing speed, shifting gears, even stalling at one point, and finally pulling into the station. Even "Canary Yellow Canoe," one that is less popular among GL fans, puts a smile on my face.

There really aren't any I don't like, just some I like better than others. I know that "least favorite" is another thread, but I wanted to point out that unless I'm fast-forwarding to a specific song I want to hear at a specific time, nothing on my CD player gets skipped.
Morgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 02:15 AM   #7
AZroute74

Trouble is, my fave changes every day.

Well, scratch that. My favorite has always, since childhood when it came out, been "Carefree Highway," but I was only a surface fan then. Now that I'm a full-fledged Lighthead, I have bought his Songbook set and am constantly finding new favorites.

Borderstone, it's pretty obvious which one your favorite is, and I like it too.

"Now and Then" is beautiful. "Fine As Fine Can Be" left me out of breath. "Steel Rail Blues" I like a lot. "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" is so visual it helps me see the train as it runs along the Canadian country side, going up and down hills, changing speed, shifting gears, even stalling at one point, and finally pulling into the station. Even "Canary Yellow Canoe," one that is less popular among GL fans, puts a smile on my face.

There really aren't any I don't like, just some I like better than others. I know that "least favorite" is another thread, but I wanted to point out that unless I'm fast-forwarding to a specific song I want to hear at a specific time, nothing on my CD player gets skipped.
AZroute74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 08:46 PM   #8
Tyler

I really sat and listened to Drink yer glasses empty, what a great song. The one for this week. I also found a job finally! I just introduced the 25 year old service rep to Gords greatest!
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 08:46 PM   #9
brink

I really sat and listened to Drink yer glasses empty, what a great song. The one for this week. I also found a job finally! I just introduced the 25 year old service rep to Gords greatest!
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:44 PM   #10
Auburn Annie

quote:Originally posted by brink:
Congratulations on the new job! - and on spreading the gospel of Gord <g> )

Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:44 PM   #11
Auburn Annie

Congratulations on the new job! - and on spreading the gospel of Gord <g> )

Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 09:23 AM   #12
GJA

I, too find that I listen to the entire CD without skipping to "favorite" songs. I cannot think of any other artist that I can say that about. Does that make me a "Lighthead"?
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 09:23 AM   #13
GJA

I, too find that I listen to the entire CD without skipping to "favorite" songs. I cannot think of any other artist that I can say that about. Does that make me a "Lighthead"?
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:28 AM   #14
?Gordon footLight?

I like The Watchman's Gone for the music. I like the cord changes and the sound of mass violins building up to a peak. That's what I like about the whole album Sundown.

[This message has been edited by Pete Whitley (edited February 27, 2004).]
?Gordon footLight? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:28 AM   #15
Pete Whitley

I like The Watchman's Gone for the music. I like the cord changes and the sound of mass violins building up to a peak. That's what I like about the whole album Sundown.

[This message has been edited by Pete Whitley (edited February 27, 2004).]
Pete Whitley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 01:58 PM   #16
violet Blue Horse

Congratulations!!!

Old 02-27-2004, 01:58 PM   #17
violet Blue Horse

Congratulations!!!

Old 03-01-2004, 11:10 AM   #18
Morgus

quote:Originally posted by GJA:

IMHO, yes.

------------------
"Pickin' up the pieces of my sweet, shattered dream..."
Morgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:10 AM   #19
AZroute74

quote:Originally posted by GJA:

IMHO, yes.

------------------
"Pickin' up the pieces of my sweet, shattered dream..."
AZroute74 is offline   Reply With Quote