banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-19-2000, 02:03 PM   #1
Paul J B

Wouldn't it be great if VH1 did a "Behind the music" segment on Gordon Lightfoot? what a story that would be. Gordon could start by saying "These are the simple facts I will relate to you, though they are not connected each and everyone is true" what do you all think??? maybe we can start a petition!!
Chuck.

------------------
Ever Onward...
Paul J B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2000, 02:03 PM   #2
Chuck Darling

Wouldn't it be great if VH1 did a "Behind the music" segment on Gordon Lightfoot? what a story that would be. Gordon could start by saying "These are the simple facts I will relate to you, though they are not connected each and everyone is true" what do you all think??? maybe we can start a petition!!
Chuck.

------------------
Ever Onward...
Chuck Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2000, 02:19 PM   #3
Florian

Hi Chuck,

I cannot receive VH1 via my TV-cable provider, but I would sure sign your petition.
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2000, 05:52 PM   #4
BigFitz

Ironically, some of my fellow Lightfoot enthusiasts and I have been talking about how great this would be for years! What better musical storyteller is there?! Let's get that petition going!
BigFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2000, 05:52 PM   #5
bobo

Ironically, some of my fellow Lightfoot enthusiasts and I have been talking about how great this would be for years! What better musical storyteller is there?! Let's get that petition going!
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2000, 08:36 PM   #6
thumbs

Send a message via ICQ to thumbs

I must echo the sentiments of bobo and the rest. I like the show on VH-1, but it lacks credibility in my eyes if the greatest 'storyteller' is not included in the line-up.

I would also like to suggest the idea of an all Lightfoot radio station. Perhaps this already exists somewhere in North Ontario? I know that there are all Frank Sinatra and Elvis stations, neither of whom could lace Gordo's shoes. Perhaps another petition is in order?

"These are the words I knew would break the ice"

GL
thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2000, 08:36 PM   #7
potter

I must echo the sentiments of bobo and the rest. I like the show on VH-1, but it lacks credibility in my eyes if the greatest 'storyteller' is not included in the line-up.

I would also like to suggest the idea of an all Lightfoot radio station. Perhaps this already exists somewhere in North Ontario? I know that there are all Frank Sinatra and Elvis stations, neither of whom could lace Gordo's shoes. Perhaps another petition is in order?

"These are the words I knew would break the ice"

GL
potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2000, 06:12 AM   #8
Paul J B

Thanks for the replies! lets try to find the e-mail address for VH-1 and bombard them with our request! if they can do a segment on the Partridge Family they certainly can do one on Gordon!
-------------------------------
Chuck.

"I held my hand out and he shook it twice" GL
Paul J B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2000, 06:12 AM   #9
Chuck Darling

Thanks for the replies! lets try to find the e-mail address for VH-1 and bombard them with our request! if they can do a segment on the Partridge Family they certainly can do one on Gordon!
-------------------------------
Chuck.

"I held my hand out and he shook it twice" GL
Chuck Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2000, 08:15 AM   #10
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Well, a number of us have tried that already, but frankly the last time I did was almost two years ago. I sent them an e-mail and they didn't even reply. Another fan sent a traditional "letter" and got a form-letter (actually postcard) reply. But, maybe, a few hundred more letters will help them see the light. I even think that some folks with more clout than us have contacted them ...

At the moment, they have a whole bunch of e-mail addresses you can write to, vs just one in the past (and for awhile, it didn't even work). Maybe if we bombard all of them? Their e-mail page is at:
www.vh1.com/tools/email/

I took the approach of telling them WHY they should profile Gordon, not just saying he was great and I'd love to see a show. I figure that since they haven't done a show yet, they must not understand. However, as I said, I'm not even sure anyone has even read my e-mails.

A VH1 feature (Storytellers would be my choice, but I'll take any show), combined with the PBS show in the fall would really make my year!

------------------
Valerie Magee
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2000, 12:55 PM   #11
the otterjudy

WHAT PBS special???Did I miss something? Tell me, tell me!
Old 02-24-2000, 12:55 PM   #12
the otterjudy

WHAT PBS special???Did I miss something? Tell me, tell me!
Old 02-24-2000, 01:27 PM   #13
paradoxides

otterjudy - I discovered the info. on Valerie's website. There is a link to it on this site.
paradoxides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2000, 01:27 PM   #14
Pirate Queen

otterjudy - I discovered the info. on Valerie's website. There is a link to it on this site.
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2000, 01:34 PM   #15
vlmagee

Thanks Pirate Queen. I just opened a new topic on this board as well.

------------------
Valerie Magee
Old 02-28-2000, 07:33 PM   #16
painter

All in favour of bombarding VH1 with emails. Count me in. Are the VH1 programmes shown in the U.S. the same as the ones shown in Europe? (I am in the U.K.) How about also requesting an Unplugged concert from MTV. Does anyone know whether the PBS show will reach Europe?
Old 02-28-2000, 07:33 PM   #17
painter

All in favour of bombarding VH1 with emails. Count me in. Are the VH1 programmes shown in the U.S. the same as the ones shown in Europe? (I am in the U.K.) How about also requesting an Unplugged concert from MTV. Does anyone know whether the PBS show will reach Europe?
Old 02-29-2000, 10:12 PM   #18
Lightfoot678

The VHI Behind The Music special is a good idea. I was also thinking earlier that an MTV unplugged special would be nice although Painter beat me to posting it. So let's start bombarding the execs at VHI and MTV with e-mail.

------------------
Look into his shining eyes and if you see a ghost don't be surprised......Listen to the strings. That jangle and dangle while the old guitar sings.

The lake it is said never gives up her dead, when the gales of November come early.
Lightfoot678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2000, 08:31 AM   #19
vlmagee

Just so you guys and gals know, I sent another e-mail to VH1 just last week after posting here. I mentioned that I had never received a reply before and this time they did reply and even apologized for not having done so in the past. The reply was non-committal (of course), and mentioned other artists (with names like Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan) that they haven't done either, so I wouldn't say I am encouraged. But I hope that all of you will take the time to fire off an e-mail too. And think about telling them why they should profile Gord; maybe why they should choose him ahead of some others. I've noticed a lot of creative writing on this discussion board, so please put it to good use!

------------------
Valerie Magee
Old 12-27-2004, 07:33 PM   #20
Borderstone

I never noticed this thread before!

Anyone know what the results were? Did VH 1 make an episode for Gord? If not,I think we need to try again! What-ya-say?

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote