banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-31-2000, 12:38 PM   #1
TheMightyRat

Does anyone know if Gord ever recorded a song that I heard him sing about 20 years ago......I am not absolutely sure of the title of the song, but the one line in it that I can relate to (as Im sure most can) goes like this.. "Forgive me Lord, for I've sinned agian" Powerful stuff.....

I only wish that Gord had more air play here in the states. Heavy sigh*

Have a wonderful day )
Cindy
Old 08-31-2000, 12:38 PM   #2
TheMightyRat

Does anyone know if Gord ever recorded a song that I heard him sing about 20 years ago......I am not absolutely sure of the title of the song, but the one line in it that I can relate to (as Im sure most can) goes like this.. "Forgive me Lord, for I've sinned agian" Powerful stuff.....

Have a wonderful day )
Cindy
Old 08-31-2000, 01:18 PM   #3
Sundreme@aol.com

quote:Originally posted by TheMightyRat:

Have a wonderful day )
Cindy

Hi Cindy,
Gord recorded the song, appropriately titled, "Forgive Me Lord" many years ago, but it went unreleased for a long time. Apparently, the record company had a problem with the song's "religous ramifications" I know its silly, but that's big buisness for ya. Anyway, the song was never put on an album until last year when Gord's box set "Songbook" was released.
"Songbook" if you haven't heard of it, is a 4 CD, 88 song anthology, that chronicles Gordon's career from his early recordings, starting in 1965, through his latest original CD, 1998's "A Painter Passing Through"
The collection contains highlights of Gord's career and includes hits, fan favorites as well as 18 rarities and previously unreleased recordings, one of which is "Forgive Me Lord." The Box Set also contains notes by Gordon himself about each song.
Erica
Old 08-31-2000, 01:18 PM   #4
Sundreme@aol.com

quote:Originally posted by TheMightyRat:

Have a wonderful day )
Cindy

Hi Cindy,
Gord recorded the song, appropriately titled, "Forgive Me Lord" many years ago, but it went unreleased for a long time. Apparently, the record company had a problem with the song's "religous ramifications" I know its silly, but that's big buisness for ya. Anyway, the song was never put on an album until last year when Gord's box set "Songbook" was released.
"Songbook" if you haven't heard of it, is a 4 CD, 88 song anthology, that chronicles Gordon's career from his early recordings, starting in 1965, through his latest original CD, 1998's "A Painter Passing Through"
The collection contains highlights of Gord's career and includes hits, fan favorites as well as 18 rarities and previously unreleased recordings, one of which is "Forgive Me Lord." The Box Set also contains notes by Gordon himself about each song.
Erica
Old 09-03-2000, 07:44 PM   #5
Rob Wells

Did you know ???

The line in that song that goes "I've been caught in the act, as a matter of fact (I'm even well known)..." was origionally sung with this lyrics - (I've even been stoned).

He played it for a few years into his Salute album days, but he, or his producer, said he never quite liked the performance enough to release it; until now.

Like most of his abums since I think they just don't have the depth that they had with Pee Wee doing the fills.

Rob Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2000, 07:44 PM   #6
thumbs

Send a message via ICQ to thumbs

Did you know ???

The line in that song that goes "I've been caught in the act, as a matter of fact (I'm even well known)..." was origionally sung with this lyrics - (I've even been stoned).

He played it for a few years into his Salute album days, but he, or his producer, said he never quite liked the performance enough to release it; until now.

Like most of his abums since I think they just don't have the depth that they had with Pee Wee doing the fills.

thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:44 PM   #7
Borderstone

When I got Songbook and heard "Forgive Me Lord",much like when I listened to Harmony,the song knocked me out! I couldn't believe this was never on any of his LP's!

..and record executives wonder why artists don't like them too much? They always put their nose into an area that they don't belong. That being,the musical aspect and thinking they know better than the fans and listners out there.

I will say,what a great song to wait nearly 20 years for but how much better it would have been on either "Salute" or "Shadows".

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 04:21 AM   #8
Gord

Trust me there are plenty more gems that should have been released but haven't been, GL probably has way more tunes in the vault.

Just like the other day I rented a Bugs Bunny DVD, they showcased stuff that has never seen the light of day til now.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:21 AM   #9
Gord

Trust me there are plenty more gems that should have been released but haven't been, GL probably has way more tunes in the vault.

Just like the other day I rented a Bugs Bunny DVD, they showcased stuff that has never seen the light of day til now.