banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-26-2004, 06:33 PM   #1
locster

My seven month old daughter is crazy about the song "Harmony"! When it comes on the stereo she stops what she is doing, grins, waves her arms and crawls toward the stereo.

We've played her all manner of classic music from the Beatles to you name it (including Gord). But "Harmony" spins her wheels.

By the way...her name is Lauren, so it's not the name that attracts her to the vocals.
She is nuts about the guitar though -- each night part of the bedtime routine is to hear me play, then take her turn swatting the strings and guitar top to make a tune. Oddly though she has a Pete Townesend round-about move sometimes. I just look at her and say, "Who are you?!"
locster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:33 PM   #2
Bill

My seven month old daughter is crazy about the song "Harmony"! When it comes on the stereo she stops what she is doing, grins, waves her arms and crawls toward the stereo.

We've played her all manner of classic music from the Beatles to you name it (including Gord). But "Harmony" spins her wheels.

By the way...her name is Lauren, so it's not the name that attracts her to the vocals.
She is nuts about the guitar though -- each night part of the bedtime routine is to hear me play, then take her turn swatting the strings and guitar top to make a tune. Oddly though she has a Pete Townesend round-about move sometimes. I just look at her and say, "Who are you?!"
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:35 PM   #3
SomewhereupinMichigan

Bill:

Lauren is, obviously, a young lady of discerning taste!

Congrats on fathering the latest FOG (fan of Gord).
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:02 PM   #4
stationmaster

I knew Harmony would be a hit!
stationmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:51 AM   #5
Sundown17

quote:Originally posted by Bill:

Bill,

Congratulations! I have a daughter named Lauren, too. But she's all grown up. She was raised on Gord music. I started by quietly singing his songs in her ear during those endless newborn nights. But unfortunately, all that early exposure didn't take. She's not what I call a fan although I did catch her singing along to High and Dry one day as we were riding in the car. LOL. Now she has a 5 month old daughter, Gillian, and I am trying again. So far, she has fallen asleep or quietly listened to the Harmony cd. I am hoping that with perseverance I will be rewarded with a response similiar to your daughter's, Bill.

BTW, great choice in name.

Diane

Sundown17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:32 PM   #6
Shadows53

When our son was little he LOVED Baby Step Back...when it came on in the car , he rocked along to it and "sang" to it...when we did long road trips i would put that album on when he was getting a little antsy and he'd be happy as a pig in ****! He's since outgrown that much to my chagrin!! And moved on to punk and alternative..and he sort of shares my other music passion, DMB, but Gordon, he just does'nt get anymore...but thats ok ,he's young and there always hope I tell him! LOL .But he has passion for music and thats what counts wherever his tastes run.. but it was nice while it lasted for that short time!!!
Shadows53 is offline   Reply With Quote