banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 AM   #26
Jesse Joe

HEY Gahoendoe,{Jessi-Jo} What can I say more, than many, many, thanks. Another great treasure.

Thank you so very much for doing this for me. I will never forget it. Always did like that song, from the first time I heard it.

It is of course from, "Harmony" 2004. And in the CD' booklet, where Gord gives thank's, he mentions this Jessi-Jo.

Maybe one day, I will find out who this person is.

His mother's name was Jessica. Maybe a friend? Who knows?

Maybe Nov 17, this question, could be ask, to the "Poet Genius," himself

Once again, ({Thank's.}) Gahoendoe, and the owner of this wonderful Site, Florian Bodenseher, who are good friends, to every Gordon Lightfoot lovers.

I salute you both...

Flyin' Blind

~Jesse-Joe~

[ October 18, 2006, 10:49: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 AM   #27
Jesse Joe

HEY Gahoendoe,{Jessi-Jo} What can I say more, than many, many, thanks. Another great treasure.

Thank you so very much for doing this for me. I will never forget it. Always did like that song, from the first time I heard it.

It is of course from, "Harmony" 2004. And in the CD' booklet, where Gord gives thank's, he mentions this Jessi-Jo.

Maybe one day, I will find out who this person is.

His mother's name was Jessica. Maybe a friend? Who knows?

Maybe Nov 17, this question, could be ask, to the "Poet Genius," himself

Once again, ({Thank's.}) Gahoendoe, and the owner of this wonderful Site, Florian Bodenseher, who are good friends, to every Gordon Lightfoot lovers.

I salute you both...

Flyin' Blind

~Jesse-Joe~

[ October 18, 2006, 10:49: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:31 AM   #28
Alan

Video 17/20 Hang Dog Hotel Room is Live at Youtube
Enjoy

PS I will not be producing Harmony at this time..as 1/20 scheduled ..three to go...they will be:

Drink Your Glasss Empty
Too Much To Lose and
Beautiful

if there are others you would like to produce for Youtube ...let me know...there will be another Lightfoot production rotation after his concert series at Massey Hall...in November.

[ October 17, 2006, 00:47: Message edited by: Gahoendoe ]
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:08 AM   #29
SilverHeels

Tom, how about 'I'm not s'posed to care' and
'It's worth believin' ?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #30
SilverHeels

Sorry Tom. Just been informed you have already produced 'It's Worth Believin'. I dont visit here often so missed it.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:23 PM   #31
Alan

Too Much to Lose was just uploaded to Youtube

Next on the produce order is Beautiful and trust me it is not going to be a Miss America pageant...I don't think Gord meant skin deep beauty...I believe he was referring to the inner beauty of a woman that comes from how she does things and what things she does .....not what she looks like !
Old 10-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #32
Alan

I have now completed and uploaded 20/20 Gordon Lightfoot videos to Youtube and have created a Youtube playlist from which you can create your own favorites-QuickPlay List.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...070738A54F9DCC

With this post I will return to producing other Youtube viewer video reqests which I have suspended for the most part for the past two weeks, except for Leonard Cohens "Famous Blue Raincoat" and "Joan of Arc".

I will return to another production period of Gordon Lightfot songs after the Massey Hall concert series...unless of course someone is having a terrible time waiting until then... :D .

Please do not hesitate to message me about any info about the videos, present and future or crits you want to record...

Old 10-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #33
brink-

I love the turn you took with 2much2lose. who would have thought Gord had written this about Jack Nicholson, the eternal bachelor! Wonderful twist to a great song.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:13 AM   #34
SilverHeels

I agree with Deb. Terrific twist to one of my fave GL songs. Thanks, Tom.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #35
Alan

brink, SilverHeels, Jesse-Joe, Wes and All who have reached out to touch me in this prorject:

Your outreaches have been an energizing part of my video production efforts of Gord's work . It has been both an exciting and emotional journey to crawl into the spaces between his words and get a new understanding of the heart and the soul of this magnificent minstrel [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

It was never difficult to determine the "perspective" or characterization for each of the videos... instinct guided me throughout the each video of this project ...especially gathering images...I sorted them after but decided to "save" of not save in the twinkling of my eye.

I am going to spend some time today to get all 20 photo albums ( some 1500+ images collectively) uploaded to the StonewallStudio Public Gallery at Picasaweb albums:

http://picasaweb.google.com/StonewallStudios

Some folks might be interested in viewing through these reference video image albums to see those collected and those created. You can download all or any part of any album.

Some of the images make great talismans of the video...right

brink and SliverHeels ?

Preparing for Toronto ... 'cause of you!

Tom/Teejaysang/Gahoendoe
Old 10-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #36
SilverHeels

Gahoendoe,
Dammit - I wont be there so Deb you will have to supply the hugs ... yeh, I know, but someone has to do the job.
Everytime you hear CI - you will think of me.
Wish I could be there.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #37
Alan

Had an urgent "must do" request for "Race Among The Ruins"
...my there are magnificent ruins in this world..after working on this video and listening to the cut 10-12 times repetitively I got a message that may not be clear on first or one listening...I think he is telling us to pursue our dreams now...Carpe Diem.
Til Toronto
Cheers
Old 10-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #38
brink-

So glad you are coming to Toronto, will be nice for all of us to meet.
I have really enjoyed your interpretations of Gord's songs. Some of them have had a bit of a different twist than I would have thought of, but nice to get a different point of view that works as well.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:27 AM   #39
Alan

Ok , the studio is closed for producing any more Lightfoot videos until November 20th...with the posting of Restless ...requested by SilverHeels Cheers :D
Old 10-21-2006, 05:11 AM   #40
SilverHeels

Thanks, Gahoendoe, for a typically stunning result. 'Restless' earns another 5 red stars.
Bless you!
Old 10-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #41
Peter Bro10

This has been an awesome thread.
I'd like to echo the others and say Thanks, Gahoendoe, for your efforts.
I especially liked your explaination of your forum name... very clever.

QUOTE...."Here is the link to Christian Island...known for millenia as "Gahoendoe" in The Huron native language.

and with this video now LIVE at the channel and in the spirit of this forumn I have been given a permanent forum name...it is "Gahoendoe" ."

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #42
Jennifer

Wow, look at all these great videos, and I am SOOOO happy to see Too Much to Lose on this list now. I love Jack Nicholson and think he's the perfect subject.

Great selections guys!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #43
Alan

To Peter Bro...which some could read as clever for Peterborough, thank you for identifying the "source" of my forum name "Gahoendoe".

A wise communicator told me that the key to great entertainment is education in the process...he called it Edu-tainment. I studied with him for 2 years, and plead guilty to the charge.

I often slide into the edutaining style with Gord's music...for my own benefi, eg; prior to researching and producing "Christian Island", I did not know the history of the Huron island name "Gahoendoe".

There is much to learn in his lyrics and music. Does anyone know if he carries native blood? There is an underlying sensitivity in many of his songs, for me, of and for First Nations peoples.

A river of requests for videos of GL's music has begun to flow. Some requests are presented to me with the power of suggestion that cannot be ignored. I have recently posted GL video # 23

"Mother of a Miner's Child"

If there are other, (can't wait until after Massey Hall), requests burning holes in your hearts...please contact me. The collecting and sorting of the images takes more than 70% of the production time : .

If you have images to accompany your request, your request will be prioritized and could be completed within 48 hours of being received by me :D .

This has been an amazing 4 month journey. After the first 125 days at Youtube, The channel has received 180,000 video views, 4100 profile visits, 650 off-line messages, 1000 video messages and 127 subscribers. Pretty solid I think not having any politics, sex, violence, drugs or disasters...75% acoustic instrumentation...there is hope! :D

[All of Gordon's songs are in their own "(23) favorites" playlist at the Channel...you don't have to hunt for them anymore.]

I sincerely thank you, the members of this forum, for your support and encouragement. I understand that from time to time my take on a song may vary significantly from anothers...your acceptance of my work is the renewed energy I need to continue my personal "Race Among the Ruins".

I intend to complete as many still image interpretations as I can of this magnificent, magical minstrel..."producing" the entire body of his work is my 5 year goal. Though this may seem a daunting task,by my calculation,10% of his "library" is now "produced".

Sincerely and in Peace,

Gahoendoe
Old 10-23-2006, 11:11 PM   #44
brink-

I love the use of the black and white photos. I just visited Bisbee Arizona and they had a nice exhibit at the museum (from the Smithsonian) about mining, this would have fit in very nicely.
Another perfect rendition.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 AM   #45
charlene

boy did that take me back to my childhood..

spending summers going between the mine and the cabin up in Timmins. Watching the miners with their hard hats with the flashlights on them...they'd be walking up the road to the canteen for a beer after work or coming to my grandparents to pick up laundry as they headed to the bunkhouse. i saw the dirt on their clothes atfter their shift but when my grandmother was done with them in the old wringer washer they were perfectly clean again.

sitting and watching my grandfather roll his cigarettes for the next day and helping him pack his lunch box with his thermos and sandwiches wrapped in wax paper. being quiet when he came home because he'd have a nap while supper was being prepared and quiet again because the CBC news was on and he didn't know how to read or write so this was how he learned about the world. he'd been working at the mines since before he was a teen after leaving nova scotia.

I don't remember seeing my granmother ever sit much...maybe to play cribbage once in a while. She worked as hard as he did...and none of their sons became miners...nor did their daughters marry miners. Both of my grandfathers were miners - hardworking labourers doing a dirty job in dangerous conditions. As kids we never saw how dangerous it was when we'd ride down the elevator so far underground and sit in the buckets riding the rails past the dynamite holes dotting the walls.
This song has always been a fave of mine for several reasons and another was added after hearing Jory Nash put his stamp of excellence on it.
Thanks for the images....bittersweet memories on a cold Toronto morning....
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 AM   #46
charlene

spending summers going between the mine and the cabin up in Timmins. Watching the miners with their hard hats with the flashlights on them...they'd be walking up the road to the canteen for a beer after work or coming to my grandparents to pick up laundry as they headed to the bunkhouse. i saw the dirt on their clothes atfter their shift but when my grandmother was done with them in the old wringer washer they were perfectly clean again.

sitting and watching my grandfather roll his cigarettes for the next day and helping him pack his lunch box with his thermos and sandwiches wrapped in wax paper. being quiet when he came home because he'd have a nap while supper was being prepared and quiet again because the CBC news was on and he didn't know how to read or write so this was how he learned about the world. he'd been working at the mines since before he was a teen after leaving nova scotia.

I don't remember seeing my granmother ever sit much...maybe to play cribbage once in a while. She worked as hard as he did...and none of their sons became miners...nor did their daughters marry miners. Both of my grandfathers were miners - hardworking labourers doing a dirty job in dangerous conditions. As kids we never saw how dangerous it was when we'd ride down the elevator so far underground and sit in the buckets riding the rails past the dynamite holes dotting the walls.
This song has always been a fave of mine for several reasons and another was added after hearing Jory Nash put his stamp of excellence on it.
Thanks for the images....bittersweet memories on a cold Toronto morning....
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:20 AM   #47
Auburn Annie

My paternal grandfather was a miner's child, in Pennsylvania. His father died (not mine-related) when Gramp was nine years old. He then went to work in the mines near Clark's Summit as he was the oldest and had his widowed mother and younger brother and sister to help support (no child labor laws then.)I come from hardy stock, though. He lived to be nearly 90. Between mining and shoecrafting he was also a terrific dancer, and was offered a spot on the vaudeville circuit but declined because he had just met a pretty little blue-eyed blonde and decided to stick around. He courted her by singing under her window, and she responded by emptying the contents of a chamber pot over his head. She was feisty and fun and it was love at first splash. They were married just over 50 years. Thanks for the video - it's one of my favorite songs.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:20 AM   #48
Auburn Annie

My paternal grandfather was a miner's child, in Pennsylvania. His father died (not mine-related) when Gramp was nine years old. He then went to work in the mines near Clark's Summit as he was the oldest and had his widowed mother and younger brother and sister to help support (no child labor laws then.)I come from hardy stock, though. He lived to be nearly 90. Between mining and shoecrafting he was also a terrific dancer, and was offered a spot on the vaudeville circuit but declined because he had just met a pretty little blue-eyed blonde and decided to stick around. He courted her by singing under her window, and she responded by emptying the contents of a chamber pot over his head. She was feisty and fun and it was love at first splash. They were married just over 50 years. Thanks for the video - it's one of my favorite songs.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:07 PM   #49
RM

Quote:
Originally posted by charlene:

Charlene,

You expressed your recollections beautifully. It has
to be one of the best written posts I've seen in this forum. Great imagery.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #50
Peter Bro10

He courted her by singing under her window, and she responded by emptying the contents of a chamber pot over his head. She was feisty and fun and it was love at first splash. They were married just over 50 years. Thanks for the video - it's one of my favorite songs. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Is a "chamber pot" what I think it is???? That's hilarious!!!!

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote