banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-02-2005, 09:27 PM   #1
seafarer62

Tickets on sale through the Paramount Theatre (630) 896-6666 or through TicketMaster.

My wife and I bought tickets for both nights. About a 500 miles drive from north of the Twin Cities but I just had to do it. Just like going to Massey Hall for three straight nights in 2001. (Not making the Toronto trip this time.)

First night we are front and center, 2nd row. Sunday night we are off to the right a little in front of Terry.

I will definitely post the set lists for both nights and my reviews. I need to sit down and count but I think this will be about my 35th concert or so dating back to April 1979 in Minneapolis. How many of today's chart toppers will be around in 26 years??

John Wicklund
North Branch, MN
seafarer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
Sentimental

Front and center, Wow! I'm jealous! So jealous that I got on the phone and ordered me up two tickets of my own!!!!!!! But mine are right center 28th row. I hope that will be good. I'm mad at myself for not getting them sooner. But I'm sooooooo excited now.

Aurora is the closest location for me (Mid Missouri). Anyone know where to stay? Now, comes the waiting. Life is good.
Sentimental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
seafarer62

I talked to the Paramount Theatre in Aurora and they said there is a Comfort Suites about 2-3 blocks away with free parking. I did a web search on Comfort Suites and booked a room for ourselves for those two nights in Aurora. They offer a $10/night discount if you show tickets to the Paramount upon check-in. I mapped both the theatre and motel locations on Yahoo Maps and they indeed are very close. I think the location is great because downtown Chicago can be avoided.

Top ticket is not cheap in Aurora at $55/each before Ticketmaster's gouging. But to be able to see GL post-surgery is something that I think many of us long-term (30+ years) fans thought would not come.

GL has always been popular in MN and I would expect him to tour here in 2006. You're right.. life's good !!

John/MN
seafarer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #4
Sentimental

Thanks John for that info. That sounds like a good place to stay. I'd like to see both shows but at $55 a seat I guess I'll be happy with one show. I wonder if that's what the other concerts in other cities cost?
Sentimental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #5
closetcanadian

The top ticket price at the Cerritos show last month was $55 per seat. And I was more than happy to pay it. I would have paid much more for the privilege of seeing GL back on a stage!
closetcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:12 PM   #6
Titan

I am soooo excited!! I just went to my mailbox and opened an envelope from the Paramount Theatre.
The envelope contained four tickets (BAL-LC row A)
The first row of the balcony!! This will be my first ever GL concert-Saturday, Aug 13 and I can't wait!!

I also researched the Paramount and discovered it has a rich history. It's a fully restored art-deco theatre. It's the oldest art-deco theatre still in use in the United States. It was built in the 1930's on an island on the Fox River. They say it is a wonderful place to listen to a concert. It's a cozy and intimate place with a total seating of 1859. Valet parking is available and Aurora is full of fine dining opportunities. They have a scenic riverwalk and six museums within walking distance. Walter Paytons Roundhouse restaurant is nearby with a huge collection of the Famous Bear's sports memorabelia!!

I am taking my wife, my 5 year old boy and my 9 year old daughter. We plan on hearing a great concert, seeing many neat things, having lots of fun and blowing piles of cash. Man, I can't wait.

[ May 10, 2005, 20:24: Message edited by: titan ]
Old 05-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #7
LSH

Sounds like you guys are going to have a good time Steve! I took my son to see Gord when he was about six or seven. He started wilting during the second half until they struck up Ghosts of Cape Horn, then he perked his sleepy self right back up and took notice.
I hope the whole family has a really nice time.
LSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #8
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

Steve, you'll have a great time. Make sure the kids use the bathroom before you go in, LOL!! I want to hear ALL about it!!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #9
Titan

My kids are almost as big of Lightfoot fans as myself. We went up to the shipwreck museum and saw the Fitz's bell and listened to a whole slug of GL. We are going to have some good family time and I a can't wait!!

My five year old boy can sing The Wreck from beginng to end. He is sooooo cute!!
Aurora is going to be awesome. I hope the set list is similiar to Vegas (ORLEANS)
WHEWWWWHOOOOOOOO!!!!
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote