banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Plunk

Default 2012 Tour

Hello all. First post. Love Gordon and hope to see him for the first time this year. How does he usually "roll out" tour dates? Will they trickle out in the first few months of the year? Hope he comes to the Chicago area. Any indication if 2012 will have more or less dates than before?

Thanks
Plunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
bjm7777

Default Re: 2012 Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunk View Post
Hello all. First post. Love Gordon and hope to see him for the first time this year. How does he usually "roll out" tour dates? Will they trickle out in the first few months of the year? Hope he comes to the Chicago area. Any indication if 2012 will have more or less dates than before?

Thanks
Welcome....check out Lightfoot.ca - they have any 2012 tour dates posted.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
Plunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm7777 View Post
Welcome....check out Lightfoot.ca - they have any 2012 tour dates posted.
Hi and thanks.

I did look at his site.....I was just wondering how dates have been announced in years gone by. And has anyone heard anything about 2012...being a year with more or less gigs.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
charlene

I've not heard anything about 'more or less' than years previous so am just taking it as a given that there will be a similar number of concerts as usual.
2012 - starts tour in mid january
2011 - 64 concerts - (16 less than 2010) started tour mid-March
2010 - 80 concerts - (6 more than 2009) (feb.date was an 'event') tour started at beginning of March
2009 - 74 concerts - tour started at beginning of March
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #5
RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunk View Post
Hello all. First post. Love Gordon and hope to see him for the first time this year. Thanks
Cool. Care to elaborate on how you found this site ? How long have you been a Lightfoot fan ?

Last edited by RM; 12-25-2011 at 12:22 AM.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
Plunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
Cool. Care to elaborate on how you found this site ? How long have you been a Lightfoot fan ?
Well....sure.

Fan...since 1970 I guess when I first heard "If you Could Read my mind"....or whichever year it was when it came out. I remember loving the song immediately.....and the power of it has never diminished through the years. Of course I was familiar with all the hits as time went by but IFYCRMM has always been my favorite. It really is an incredible song. I'm sure everyone here agrees.

I have always had a mild interest in Gordon but lately I have been listening to more of his stuff and am frankly blown away at how many great songs he has and how they touch me in a personal way. Maybe it's because i am a Northern guy (born and raised in Chicago area) and I just feel a real connection.

So I did a search and found the site. And that's it. Look forward to reading and discussing this great writers work with you all.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Hello Plunk,

Welcome aboard. With any luck you will get to see your first, of many, Lightfoot shows in 2012. I say that because once you attend a show you will want to do it again and again.

Your story sounds like a lot of folks here at corfid.com and I'm sure you'll find plenty of interesting stuff.

Dates are announced as time progresses so check back often and I would suggest you sign up with http://www.pollstar.com/ as they are an excellent and timely source of concert info.

Try and buy tickets the first day they go on sale. There will be plenty available later but the best tickets are sold on Day 1.

Hope to see you at a show,

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote