banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-31-2000, 05:31 PM   #1
The_young_stranger

Approaching Lavender
Why is it my favorite?
It just is - it seems to flow and is very easy on the ears (like most GL songs).
It eases my mind, lifts my heart and makes me smile.
The_young_stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2000, 05:31 PM   #2
Kate

Approaching Lavender
Why is it my favorite?
It just is - it seems to flow and is very easy on the ears (like most GL songs).
It eases my mind, lifts my heart and makes me smile.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2000, 05:43 PM   #3
The_young_stranger

Yes - it's me with a reply to my own post.
I also love Fine As Fine Can Be - I saw GL perform this song in Berkeley, CA in the 70's. He intro'd it by saying it was a song he wrote for his daughter. He then sat down at a piano and played and sang. At least that is how I remember it. I fell in love with him all over again for the tenderness.
Now, if you ask me my favorite song tomorrow it will probably be something different. I can pick a favorite song for every day of the week, for every thing that happens, because it is Monday or Tuesday, and so on. If I had to pick an all time favorite musician it would be Gordon Lightfoot. Just as my dad - I took he and my mom to see GL in Lake Tahoe for their anniversary one year long ago before my mom passed away.
Did I also mention that twice in my life I have heard songs before they were ever released on an album - once it was a GL song and it came to me from the fan in my bathroom in the middle of the night. I know it sounds crazy but I could even sing the words!
Old 07-31-2000, 05:43 PM   #4
Kate

Yes - it's me with a reply to my own post.
I also love Fine As Fine Can Be - I saw GL perform this song in Berkeley, CA in the 70's. He intro'd it by saying it was a song he wrote for his daughter. He then sat down at a piano and played and sang. At least that is how I remember it. I fell in love with him all over again for the tenderness.
Now, if you ask me my favorite song tomorrow it will probably be something different. I can pick a favorite song for every day of the week, for every thing that happens, because it is Monday or Tuesday, and so on. If I had to pick an all time favorite musician it would be Gordon Lightfoot. Just as my dad - I took he and my mom to see GL in Lake Tahoe for their anniversary one year long ago before my mom passed away.
Did I also mention that twice in my life I have heard songs before they were ever released on an album - once it was a GL song and it came to me from the fan in my bathroom in the middle of the night. I know it sounds crazy but I could even sing the words!
Old 08-03-2000, 11:34 PM   #5
gathrb

Kate,
Do you mean you heard them @ live concert before album came out? I heard many songs from "East of Midnight" before that album came out at a summer concert.

------------------
"...If YoU fEeL iT yOu BeTtEr BeLiEvE iT, yOu'Re GoNnA sEe It, YoU nEeD tO kNoW/iT iS rIsInG lIkE a FeAtHeR, dIpPiNg & DaNcInG fRoM bElOw/ThErE's A nEw WaVe ThAt Is BrEaKiNg In ThE wAkE oF a PaSsInG sHiP/eVeRy NaTiOn'S gOnNa Be ShAkEn, PuT iT tOgEtHeR, dOn'T lEt It SlIp..."
gathrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2000, 11:34 PM   #6
Tom

Kate,
Do you mean you heard them @ live concert before album came out? I heard many songs from "East of Midnight" before that album came out at a summer concert.

------------------
"...If YoU fEeL iT yOu BeTtEr BeLiEvE iT, yOu'Re GoNnA sEe It, YoU nEeD tO kNoW/iT iS rIsInG lIkE a FeAtHeR, dIpPiNg & DaNcInG fRoM bElOw/ThErE's A nEw WaVe ThAt Is BrEaKiNg In ThE wAkE oF a PaSsInG sHiP/eVeRy NaTiOn'S gOnNa Be ShAkEn, PuT iT tOgEtHeR, dOn'T lEt It SlIp..."
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2000, 11:50 PM   #7
The_young_stranger

No Tom, I mean I heard it when I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom coming out of the fan overhead. The fan was not running but there was definately music coming through it. It was also way before the song came out on an album. When I heard the song on the album for the first time I could almost sing along and the rest of the group gathered to hear the new album were amazed. It was spooky to say the least.
Kate
Old 08-03-2000, 11:50 PM   #8
Kate

No Tom, I mean I heard it when I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom coming out of the fan overhead. The fan was not running but there was definately music coming through it. It was also way before the song came out on an album. When I heard the song on the album for the first time I could almost sing along and the rest of the group gathered to hear the new album were amazed. It was spooky to say the least.
Kate
Old 08-04-2000, 04:51 PM   #9
fezo

Kate, that is REALLY spooky! Have you heard any other songs coming from the fan?
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2000, 04:51 PM   #10
Silver Heels

Kate, that is REALLY spooky! Have you heard any other songs coming from the fan?
Silver Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2000, 05:23 PM   #11
charlene

Bruna - I KNEW you'd be here!
LOL
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2000, 05:23 PM   #12
charlene

LOL
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2000, 09:15 PM   #13
The_young_stranger

Well Silver, I did hear one other song from that same fan and then no others. The other song is one my ex husband (who was then my boyfriend who and living in Canada - Vancouver) was trying to write. I lived in San Jose California at the time. Of course my ex's song was not very good I'm sorry to say. Then once youv'e heard a GL song coming from your fan nothing else could equal it. My ex was thinking about imigrating to Canada so he was up there checking things out, staying with friends and playing and singing at a club in
Gastown(?). My but that was a long time ago.
I still thank my ex for introducing me to Gordon Lightfoot's music among others. But of course GL has remained my favorite.
Kate
Old 08-04-2000, 09:15 PM   #14
Kate

Well Silver, I did hear one other song from that same fan and then no others. The other song is one my ex husband (who was then my boyfriend who and living in Canada - Vancouver) was trying to write. I lived in San Jose California at the time. Of course my ex's song was not very good I'm sorry to say. Then once youv'e heard a GL song coming from your fan nothing else could equal it. My ex was thinking about imigrating to Canada so he was up there checking things out, staying with friends and playing and singing at a club in
Gastown(?). My but that was a long time ago.
I still thank my ex for introducing me to Gordon Lightfoot's music among others. But of course GL has remained my favorite.
Kate
Old 08-05-2000, 08:21 PM   #15
DJL

Well, let's be honest. Gordon Lightfoot has lots of fans - why not one in the bathroom !

------------------
"some people join the party, and others say goodnight"
DJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2000, 08:21 PM   #16
A Painter

Well, let's be honest. Gordon Lightfoot has lots of fans - why not one in the bathroom !

------------------
"some people join the party, and others say goodnight"
A Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2000, 08:31 PM   #17
The_young_stranger

A Painter - I think I like you. You have a great sense of humor. Of course when I think about it - Gord had 2 fans in the bathroom that night!
Old 08-05-2000, 08:31 PM   #18
Kate

A Painter - I think I like you. You have a great sense of humor. Of course when I think about it - Gord had 2 fans in the bathroom that night!
Old 08-06-2000, 12:16 AM   #19
Rose

Beautiful is my favorite song but I really enjoyed hearing "Summertime Dream" on the tape. It certainly is a song very appropriate for this time of year. Maybe he will play it at the concert tonight.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2000, 12:16 AM   #20
sundownbuff

Beautiful is my favorite song but I really enjoyed hearing "Summertime Dream" on the tape. It certainly is a song very appropriate for this time of year. Maybe he will play it at the concert tonight.
sundownbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2000, 04:32 AM   #21
Dorothea

Kate,
Two in the bathroom and millions more around the world!
Sundownbuff,
TONIGHT!You are the lucky one.

Frank.
Dorothea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2000, 04:32 AM   #22
Frank v

Kate,
Two in the bathroom and millions more around the world!
Sundownbuff,
TONIGHT!You are the lucky one.

Frank.
Frank v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2000, 04:52 PM   #23
fezo

quote:Originally posted by A Painter:

Nice one, Al!

Old 08-06-2000, 04:52 PM   #24
Silver Heels

quote:Originally posted by A Painter:

Nice one, Al!

Silver Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2000, 04:54 PM   #25
fezo

quote:Originally posted by charlene:
LOL
Char

Char, I was only asking ...