banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-15-2007, 12:36 AM   #1
Wyn

I've been a Gordon fan for nearly 30 years and have attended numerous concerts. Last year in Aurora I tried to go back stage but was stopped by security. I can understand that they don't want a parade of folks going back there.

But some of you seem to have the inside touch...and even photos of yourselves with Gordon!! I'm jealous. Any advice how I could finally make this happen when he returns to Aurora this fall?
Wyn
Wyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
Peter Bro10

Wyn, I can tell by your member number that you've been a member for some time... or at least I'm going to asume that. The possiblity of meeting Gord in person has, I'm sure, crossed everyone's mind frequently! What to say or what to ask? Trying not to become an instant blithering idiot!! If you've been reading the posts here at corfid, you'll understand that it's a matter of patients and luck, being in the right place at the right time.... that sort of thing.

Don't be jealous! just be happy for those who to get the chance to meet and/or get their picture with the man. Share their joy... their excitement!

To be frank about it, I'm surprised that, given how goofy this world has gotten, that Gord would consent to "meet" anyone. It's sad statement, but true. I believe that he really, truely appreciates his fans.... which is why he still does the tours.

I will be in Aurora (maybe I'll meet you there?) and in Cedar Rapids. My better chance for a meeting will be in Cedar Rapids due to personal circumstances. If it happens, great! If it don't, so be it... try again next time!

I like to mention, and I'm sure it's a feeling common to many lightheads, that what draws me to wanting to meet Gord is that he's been a life long friend that we've never met. And, unlike most celebrities, he's a decent person and not an a**hole like most of them. The same goes for the band members... friendly, good natured guys! The kind I would like to chat causually with.

Oddly enough, after hanging out at corfid for what seems so long... I look forward to meeting you guys at the concert just as much as I look forward to the opportunity to meet Gord and the band. Sound odd?? not really, just friend I haven't met yet!

Jesse-Joe, I had no idea you were an insider! you never let on... got any extra tickets for Cedar Rapids?????lol

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
Jesse Joe

Hi Pete, your post is very well written. Especially about Gord being a lifelong friend we've never met.

Beleive me Peter, no extra tickets. An Insider, I only wish I was... I think ? Not sure what an Insider is ??

All the best,

~Jesse~
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
Kelly Davis

To Wyn:

I had waited 18 years to meet Gord and finally did
on October 15 and 16th, 1999! (I still remember the days) The first thing I said to him as I shook his had was, "I've been waiting 18 years to meet you!", to which he replied with a gracious "Good, Good!"

I have suggested this on past posts - wait outside the stage exit door. You may have to wait 45 min. to an hour, but "a little waiting is worth a lifetime of loving".

I have tix to Kansas City in June. I have seen Gord the last two years in Aurora and I may see if my wife will let us go to Aurora again this year.

Reply to this post and maybe we can meet up before the show.
Kelly Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #5
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Wyn,

If I'm not mistaken you've asked this question before, eh ? Anyway try emailing his management team at EMP and ask to be put on the list. That way you can go to the "meet and greet" after the show is over.

Your other alternative is, depending on the layout of the venue, to wait outside the stage door or inside near the stage. Many venues will ask you to split if you try to wait inside, but some are set up for it.

If you wait out by the stage door you will need to plan 45 minutes to an hour. (during that time he will be "meeting and greeting" those people who are on the "list"). Once he comes out he's real friendly but depending on where they're going next his time spent with the alley dwellers often is fairly short - but nice.

I'd try the email or phone call route first.

Have fun,

Bill

You can also try calling the venue, they sometimes have their own meet and greet list.
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #6
charlene

Whatever way you get to shake his hand and speak to him it is greatly appreciated by Lightfoot. I don't think an artist like Lightfoot can hear 'thankyou' enough and even tho you may feel you've been a blithering idiot (as I ALWAYS feel) he is kind and generous with his time and smiles and appreciation of YOU!
He is out there for us and the feedback in the halls/thatres/rinks, and after the shows is what will keep him touring.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #7
Claudia

Send a message via MSN to Claudia

Did anybody here actually had the nerve and called EMP to politely ask if they could put him/her on the 'meet and greet' list??? Brave soul I would say!
As much as I would like to do just that, but most likely I would be terribly nervous and in the worst case scenario make a complete fool of myself...
Email? Yes, I could picture that but unfortunately I don't have the email address. I wrote twice an awfully nice letter to Barry Harvey, but no replies... I guess he gets burried in those awfully nice letters...

Hm, I'll just keep trying and maybe get lucky one day. If not - then I still saw him in concert and this alone makes a treasured memory!
Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #8
Jesse Joe

Hm, I'll just keep trying and maybe get lucky one day. If not - then I still saw him in concert and this alone makes a treasured memory!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That sounds like a loyal fan to me... Well said Claudia.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #9
Borderstone

Wyn,I certainly don't have any "inside track". If I did,I'd be able to meet far more celebrities.

Meeting Gordon isn't all that difficult,after the concert,just wait outside with the other autograph seekers and well wishers and you'll meet him and the group.

I tried getting backstage myself,even talked to Terry Clements before the show at the north stage door entrance. No luck... and security,not surprisingly,wasn't too fond of my sitting on a bench outside that door.

It's one thng for an after the show meet & greet but anything longer than that,is something that needs to be pre-arranged far in advance.

I've met him twice and,personally,I'm satisfied with that.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #10
TC

Hey Borderstone!

Me too! I've met Gord twice...well, twice in one day and then at a meet and greet after a concert. That was enough for me. It was a dream come true and I really don't think I could top it so I've never tried. All I can say is that he is a very gracious fellow. A down to earth kind of guy. Love that Gord Man.

Tony
TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #11
Wyn

Thank you all for your kind words. I will take some of your suggestions to heart again this year. I also promise to be satisfied with just attending the Aurora concert again this year....even if I don't get my coveted photo with Gordon!
Wyn
Wyn is offline   Reply With Quote