banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-05-2001, 05:46 PM   #1
matt

hi... i know nothing about gordon lightfoot... I just liked a song that was used on a UK TV show called "trigger Happy TV" and discovered via the net that it was "If you could read my mind".

I've now got hold of that song and am thinking of getting an LP... but want to hear some other songs of his first... could anyone reccommend some other songs of his that are in a similar vein (kinda of haunting melancholy is what I'd use to describe it)..

If you can help please mail me at matt3980@yahoo.com

Cheers!
Old 05-05-2001, 05:46 PM   #2
matt

hi... i know nothing about gordon lightfoot... I just liked a song that was used on a UK TV show called "trigger Happy TV" and discovered via the net that it was "If you could read my mind".

I've now got hold of that song and am thinking of getting an LP... but want to hear some other songs of his first... could anyone reccommend some other songs of his that are in a similar vein (kinda of haunting melancholy is what I'd use to describe it)..

If you can help please mail me at matt3980@yahoo.com

Cheers!
Old 05-06-2001, 06:42 PM   #3
Bahama Star

Welcome Matt, I'm glad you have had an "awakening", and discovered Gord... " you have breathed the air, now you are one..lol "

The "Don Quixote" album is the best made by anyone, every song is a masterpiece. I'm sure you will love it, this is comming from an Aussie, so I understand your psyche !!

Keep Smiling Ron.. ( I'm sailing down the summer days where fish and seagulls play !! )
Bahama Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 06:42 PM   #4
catmanron

Welcome Matt, I'm glad you have had an "awakening", and discovered Gord... " you have breathed the air, now you are one..lol "

The "Don Quixote" album is the best made by anyone, every song is a masterpiece. I'm sure you will love it, this is comming from an Aussie, so I understand your psyche !!

Keep Smiling Ron.. ( I'm sailing down the summer days where fish and seagulls play !! )
catmanron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 12:22 PM   #5
Ferret Mike

Since IYCRMM was first to catch your fancy, I suggest that you get the disc os the same name. Many great songs that you are guaranteed to love, such as Poor Little Allison, Sit Down Young Stranger, The Pony Man, Minstrel of the Dawn, Approaching Lavendar, and a very nice version of Me and Bobby McGee to go with the title track.

Then, after you are hooked, Don Quixote, Sundown, Cold on the Shoulder, Summer Side of Life, and others will quickly follow!
Ferret Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 12:22 PM   #6
jay

Since IYCRMM was first to catch your fancy, I suggest that you get the disc os the same name. Many great songs that you are guaranteed to love, such as Poor Little Allison, Sit Down Young Stranger, The Pony Man, Minstrel of the Dawn, Approaching Lavendar, and a very nice version of Me and Bobby McGee to go with the title track.

Then, after you are hooked, Don Quixote, Sundown, Cold on the Shoulder, Summer Side of Life, and others will quickly follow!
________
HERBAL VAPORIZER

Last edited by jay; 05-03-2011 at 05:02 AM.
jay is offline   Reply With Quote