banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
azrandyusa

Yahooooooooo, the schedule is now showing Gordon at the Pabst Theatre in Milwaukee on 9/19!!!

And, another show in Sheboygan, WI on the 20th.

Vickie
azrandyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Moosedog

Yahooooooooo, the schedule is now showing Gordon at the Pabst Theatre in Milwaukee on 9/19!!!

And, another show in Sheboygan, WI on the 20th.

Vickie
Moosedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
Gitchigumee

Oh my God!

My home state! :D

Thanks Moose!

These are tears of joy!

[ March 21, 2007, 13:42: Message edited by: Gitchigumee ]
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
Moosedog

I agree - although not my home state, it's at least closer for me than the Minnesota shows are.

Vickie
Old 03-22-2007, 07:21 AM   #5
Peter Bro10

Let's hear it for an Aurora, Illinois show!!!!!!

Just a bit further south!

I'm waiting with bated breath!!!!

Peter Bro10
Peter Bro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #6
Gitchigumee

I've been reading about Texas Tom's problems under another thread in getting good seats for the Ft. Worth show, and I'm wondering, does anyone know when the tickets normally go on sale for Gord's concerts? How far ahead do they go on sale? Are there pre-sale sales of tickets that I should know about? I'm checking into 5 possible shows: Milwaukee on 9/19/07, Sheboygan on 9/20, Rochester, MN on 9/21, Minneapolis on 9/22, and Duluth on 9/23.

I had the same problem as Borderstone did last time (Sept. '06), thinking I had front & center tickets, having purchased them on-line from Ticketmaster the second they went on sale, and it turning out to be front & center balcony seats.

Advice anyone? I'd rather be pro-active and get the tickets early if possible, rather than being re-active and winding up in a bidding war on Ebay or paying a scalper because those people have connections or the knowledge of how to get ahold of those tickets before the general public does.

[ March 22, 2007, 10:54: Message edited by: Gitchigumee ]
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Old 03-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

A very good question Ruth and one we all have to face, with varying success
In our experience there is no 100% solution with the exception of venues such as Massey Hall where one can pay to become a
member or friend and get advance notice of upcoming concert seat sales. Indeed I get about two phone calls a week from a dear
Canadian lady filling me in as a "friend of Roy Thompson Hall"
and last year by paying a small sum to the Flynn theatre in Burlington VT

having found out I think from their website exactly when tix would be on sale
(a couple of days earlier for members I seem to recall)
we got through to the box office on the steam type telephone at the exact moment and could choose any seat naturally we got
the two front row seats nearest to the centre of the stage.Sometimes life is so very sweet!!
However it seems that especially at Massey the first few rows are held back by the promoter under a variety of excuses so you find later that other people buying at the last minute get seats nearer the stage than your sixth row seats that were allegedly the "best available" when you bought them, pretty infururiating believe me
Whatever it is necessary to check the venue's web site and/or Pollstar or ticket b...'d to try to get the earliest possible news of the ticket release date
I hope that helps a tiny bit GG
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #8
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

A very good question Ruth and one we all have to face, with varying success
In our experience there is no 100% solution with the exception of venues such as Massey Hall where one can pay to become a
member or friend and get advance notice of upcoming concert seat sales. Indeed I get about two phone calls a week from a dear
Canadian lady filling me in as a "friend of Roy Thompson Hall"
and last year by paying a small sum to the Flynn theatre in Burlington VT

having found out I think from their website exactly when tix would be on sale
(a couple of days earlier for members I seem to recall)
we got through to the box office on the steam type telephone at the exact moment and could choose any seat naturally we got
the two front row seats nearest to the centre of the stage.Sometimes life is so very sweet!!
However it seems that especially at Massey the first few rows are held back by the promoter under a variety of excuses so you find later that other people buying at the last minute get seats nearer the stage than your sixth row seats that were allegedly the "best available" when you bought them, pretty infururiating believe me
Whatever it is necessary to check the venue's web site and/or Pollstar or ticket b...'d to try to get the earliest possible news of the ticket release date
I hope that helps a tiny bit GG
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #9
RM

Gitchigumee,

From recent experience in securing tickets for the Tucson, AZ performance :

The tickets went on sale a little over a month before the show. What's normal ? I do not know.

Look at the seating charts on the venue's website to know exactly what locations are most desirable.

Call the venue itself to see if more definite information is available.

Be vigilant. Once the concert is announced check on a regular basis a few times every day to see if tickets are on sale.

It worked for me.

[ March 22, 2007, 11:20: Message edited by: RMD ]
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #10
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

John & RMD make great points. Call the Box Office and ask, they'll be glad to help. If buying from TicketMaster be sure to study the Seating Chart in advance - you need a plan before the shopping starts. I have bought Lightfoot tickets more than 6 months in advance but all venues have different ideas of what's cool to do. Some places put the tickets on-sale, as John said, a little early if you belong to "the club". In most cases, for a modest fee, you can get service earlier. Some venues reserve the really good seats for the members of "the better club" so check and see what each place has to offer.

The old saying: Most people don't plan to fail they just fail to plan. It's true - you need to do your homework and you need to know if row AAA is the front row or the row behing Row Z.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #11
Gitchigumee

I will most definitely follow all suggestions above. I'm learning as I go along and really appreciate all of your advice and tips. I'm just so excited to have my "problem" of choosing which concert(s) to attend. And I am looking forward to hopefully hooking up with some of you "on the road" as the dates loom nearer. You people are AWESOME and I really mean that.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #12
Jennifer

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, this is too cool! On my way home today I was listening to ODR and thinking about the Lightfoot concert last September. I was wondering if that would be my only time getting to see him live... but now you say Gordon's coming back to Milwaukee in September!?
Like the Kool-Aid guy says - Oh Yeah!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #13
Peter Bro10

I'm still holding out for Aurora.... although if I have to drive to Milwaukee.... slip beyond the cheddar curtain.... by golly I'll do it!!!

but seriously, It'll be 2 hours each way instead of 1. I could deal with that.... to see the Man.

Peter Bro10
Old 03-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #14
Gitchigumee

Hey Pete, Milwaukee's 4 hours one way for me. If Gord doesn't come to Aurora, and if you and I drive to Milwaukee for the concert, I would love to meet you!!! I'm pretty normal, for a Cheesehead.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #15
Gitchigumee

You too Jennifer.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #16
Moosedog

Milwaukee's 7 hours each way for me, but I'll be there! Hope we can all meet up and say hello.

Vickie
Old 03-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #17
Gitchigumee

From now 'til forever, I will always look forward to the possibility of meeting any and all of you, before, during or after the concerts, if even just to say hello!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #18
Jennifer

I would love to meet up with any of you folks at a concert! The only obstacle I see for Milwaukee is that its on a Wednesday... ugh. So I'm kind of hoping he ads a venue closer to Chicago that would be on fri/sat or sun before I jump and buy Milwaukee tickets. My fingers are crossed!

I wish the Milwaukee show was on the weekend. I do love Wisconsin and I really enjoyed the trip to Milwaukee last year (my first Lightfoot concert). My husband and I came in early the day of the concert and we had lunch, walked on the beach, drove around and enjoyed some of the beautiful architecture of Milwaukee. I took a lot of pictures. We even visited the Pabst Mansion which I found really interesting and would highly recommend to anyone visiting that area. Between the beauty of Milwaukee/Wisconsin in the early Fall and the beauty of Gordons music during his concert it turned out to be a very romantic weekend of which I have lovely memories. I'd love to do it again :D
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #19
Peter Bro10

I'm just releived that Gord is coming close enough to get to, although a Wednesday night is tough... a Thursday work day to follow is even rougher.

Anyone familiar with the Milwaukee venue?? is there a section to avoid? The Paramount in Aurora really doesn't have a bad seat in the house (although some are better than others. I saw a ballet at the Paramount and we were in the balcony, and even that wasn't half bad!

Who knows, maybe I'll do something wild and go to both shows???!!

Peter Bro10
Old 03-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #20
Moosedog

I'm actually headed to the Pabst Theatre Wednesday night for a concert. I'll check it out, and provide any helpful hints I'm able to gather up.

From everything I've heard, it's a great venue!

Vickie
Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 AM   #21
Gitchigumee

I have a friend who used to work in the Pabst building. I could ask her about it. And yes, Milwaukee is beautiful, and not just what we remember from Happy Days & LaVerne & Shirley. It has a very beautiful lakefront, cultural opportunities, and great restaurants.

I have to share something unbelievable. You know there's this dilema I have of choosing which concert(s) to go to between Sept. 19-23, as I actually have 5 choices. I was discussing this with my husband this weekend, and HE ACTUALLY SAID THAT WE COULD CATCH 2 OR 3 SHOWS! Guys, I've been wondering how I could possibly suggest this to him, and then he comes out and suggests it himself. Incredible!
Old 03-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #22
Moosedog

OK, I attended the Pabst Theatre for a concert the other night. What a beautiful facility! It's 3 levels....very "steep" up to the 3rd balcony, so I wouldn't recommend anyone sitting up there if they have any height issues. But, I don't think there is a bad seat in the place - it appeared you could get a great view of the stage from all seats.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #23
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by Gitchigumee:
Guys, I've been wondering how I could possibly suggest this to him, and then he comes out and suggests it himself. Incredible!
Perhaps he's reading the posts here at corfid, LOL. ????

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote