banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 12-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
zoneranger

Default Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to All and here's an early Christmas present!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
jj

Default Re: Merry Christmas!

the best of the season to you too, ZR

fine work, nice colour tone throughout

just to add some controversy, is that a C or D chord? (or C#m )
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
DawnsMinstrel

Well, given the capo at the 2nd fret, it's more likely a D than a C. But I'm actually leaning toward GMaj7 (as in for example the intro to Beautiful) because the ring finger could be fingering fret 3 of string 4 with the middle on fret 2 of 3 and so on. Hard to say for sure though.... Does Gord ever use alternate tunings?

PS (fret numbers referred to capo position in above)

-DM
DawnsMinstrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
SilverHeels

Thanks ZR! Gotta be my fave Christmas card so far.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
jj

dm, i was being tongue in cheek re a prior thread...didnt mean to alienate others who weren't part of that capo caper...yes, strikes me as a D with A bass or could be a Amaj7...and, imo, a capo is a means to an end, it's the end that matters

btw, that's quite a font, lol
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:44 AM   #6
geodeticman.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHeels View Post
Thanks ZR! Gotta be my fave Christmas card so far.
same as Bru -SilverHeels for me, ZR ! Absolutely great cover art ! + Happiest of Holidays to you , too, thank you !

I think this year everyone is asking for something that begins with the letter 'I-' or has 'QWERTY' associated with it, or best of course, 'G + L' - Thats my list !

Well, as long as I'm dreaming, maybe a fine Pocketwatch for my collection, ( shhyawww), and a fine Case Abalone-Handled 'Canoe'-frame pocketknife for that collection (pocketknives)(and monkeys will fly....) and maybe a c 1905 end-of-the silverboom era in Colorado U.S.G.S Antique geologic and topographic quadrangle for that collection (dream on geo-me!) ah but its a nice dream, Geo-me.... now thats a variation in everyones' anti-carpal-tunnel quest for nicknames for me that are shorter and less contortionist-like on the keyboard than the dubious merit of completely keying in
'geodeticman.5' !

But the pair-of-dux (paradox....) about it is that its spelled to be used by me, and yet "they say" (three guys in Chicago, the world-control monk-squad-gig they have goin on there) - (or the 5 people in California that at least officiate over what is cool, and ensure that by the time the trend has hit the heartland, its then on the OUT list -goons) . That, and they say when you start referring to your self in the 3rd person, thats a sign of, well, not having both oars in the water, bein half a bubble off, you know the drill, so I can;t use it for that reason. or I wil reveal my secret !

Hey ZoneRanger, how about a theme custom compilation album artwork with Gord and a friend canoeing/voyageur(ing) with a major grubstake loaded up w/gear on the cover, maybe in even a yellow Old Town canoe hehe, AND a brief intro list on the cover of fine 'outdoors' and/or wilderness songs, particularly river songs, with some other outdoots adventure songs. The cover might have the 'teaser' list of 'including the songs': like Whispers of the North, Mountains and MaryAnne, River of Light, Flyin' Blind, Changes, Peaceful Waters, Long River, Sixteen Miles, .....

Well, thats more than a cover teaser of 'contains the hits:'...but a guy can dream, can't he ? Since that's eight songs allready, maybe a backside of the 'album' cover ? Now that I think about it; I'm gonna have to burn me a copy on CD of those and a few other outdoors songs. I'll send a copy to fellow 'voyageurs' and trekkers !

I'd say this album would encompass canoeing, backpacking, simply watching rivers, watching leaves change on deciduous trees, for me snowshoeing in 'Whispers of the North', - allthough I realize that's primarily (it sounds like)about canoeing, but I still think its a great tune to get psyched for snowshoeing, which a few bars near the end could speak of that with a little imagination, like the one in my 'signature' from it.

You know whats interesting about the song 'Sixteen Miles' ? I'm probably the last to figure this out, but the number seven seems to be THE number in this poem of lyrics, er...uhm..except for 16, whatever, no need to let the facts obscure my thinking; to wit:

Seven lonely hours on the morning train
Takes me to a place where I won't come back again
Seven lonely Pullmans speeding down the line
Taking me away from an old love of mine

Sixteen miles to seven lakes way up among the pines

Never noticed that before. And then there's 'Seven Island Suite' to add in on both counts - we assume canoeing or sailing, as I recall its not specified, and also te number 7. I'm not the least bit into the superstition of numerology and such, I only fibnd it a pleasant coincidence, pleasant because, ITS LIGHTFOOT ! YEE-HAW !

Now I'm psyched to go suffereth the slings and arrows of bringin 'lyrics quizzers X-files' up-to-date (just kidding, its all fun !) YEE-HAW !

Cool arwork ZR , thanks, and enjoy your Christmas !
Old 12-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
timetraveler

I must agree that that would have made a most excellent Christmas card. Who ever came up with the idea had a fine one.
timetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote