banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-15-2011, 03:41 AM   #1
OldDan

Default WFCU Centre Windsor

So, are any other Corfidians planning to attend the May 19 Gordon Lightfoot concert in Windsor, ON? I will be driving up there from Chicago and would like to visit with anyone attending before the show or during the break, if interested. I'm in Section 109, Row G, Seat 14. See ya' there!
OldDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Moosedog

Default Re: WFCU Centre Windsor

Sorry I didn't see this post before I left for Windsor - I would have enjoyed saying hello! Hope you had a good time.

Although I wasn't thrilled with the venue (seating was very uncomfortable), the show was great. It was very difficult seeing the band come onto the stage without Terry. Carter, however, is really good - seems to have his own unique style. Everyone seemed relaxed onstage, and Gordon's voice appeared to be stronger than when I saw him last year. My personal favorite moment was "Sweet Guinevere". I had a chance to say hello to Gordon and the band afterwards. Oh...John Stockfish was also backstage!
Moosedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
OldDan

Default Re: WFCU Centre Windsor

Oh, gee whiz, sorry we didn't connect. That's the way it goes sometimes. Yes, I too enjoyed the concert and I thought Gord's voice sounded better than I've heard it in quite a while. Perhaps the 8 week break off the road helped his vocal chords and maybe being "back on his own sod", i.e. Canada, helped as well. I went around back to the stage door after the show and waited about about an hour for the usual "meet and greet" to wrap-up with a handful of other Lightheads and finally Gord and his entourage emerged. I got an autograph and a photo with him. I'm planning to post a brief review and a set list soon. I just got back home about an hour ago.
OldDan is offline   Reply With Quote