banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

I've noticed a few references to folks attending this show. So who all is going ? I remember from last year that some of you don't like eating at Ovations for different reasons but if anyone would like to drop by and say hello we'll be there at 6:15ish.

It would be great to get a group picture in front of the stage or somewhere. OK don't be shy, this won't hurt.

OK look at my picture in my profile and then look for me in the third row or at Ovations. Hope to see you there.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
BILLW

oh and be careful in front of the camera police, LOL. They got mad at me last year...
Old 07-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
BILLW

OK then at the risk of being accused of "talking to myself" I just got back from a week at the beach and I can't wait to see the show. I guess I'll have to use a few more vacation days next week, LOL.

So anyone that I don't know going to be there ?

Bill
Old 07-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Sheila Ann

I'll be there...again with my son. This is becoming a family tradition! Since it will be the hottest day of the year so far...calling for 100 degrees...I think I'll hitch a ride up the hill from the parking lot on one of the golf carts :D
Sheila Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #5
ELizabeth

Can't wait either. I'm going to try to hitch A ride up the hill too. See you all there. If you don't care to eat at Ovations dig us up at the concert so we can get a group pix. Shelia are you going to eat w/ us? I hope so.
'Lizbet
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
Bill

My wife and I are going. 3rd Wolftrap show of him we will have been to. We get dinner on the way up from Lynchburg. Got rooked at Ovations the first year (they sold us high dollar water on a hot day BEFORE bringing complimentary water...and over priced for the food). Nice location to be sure though.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:44 PM   #7
Sheila Ann

'Lizbet' -
Thanks for the dinner invite but I'll be lucky to get to my seat on time! Much to do at work this week then I gotta drive in from Winchester. 'My date' doesn't get home from work til 6:30-6:45 so we'll be cutting it reeeeally close. Do enjoy your dinner!
Sheila Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:25 PM   #8
spanishmoss

Hello...I am heading up to Wolf Trap from Virginia Beach around 4 pm...have never been there and this will be the first time I have seen Gord live....any words of advice about Wolf Trap?

Thanks..Frank.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:05 AM   #9
BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by spanishmoss:
Hello...I am heading up to Wolf Trap from Virginia Beach around 4 pm...have never been there and this will be the first time I have seen Gord live....any words of advice about Wolf Trap?

Thanks..Frank.
Frank,

The parking lot is quite a bit lower elevation than the venue. Be prepared for a rather steep walk up a hill in the predicted 100 degree weather. The parking is free and if you're a little early you can position yourself near an exit to make a timely escape after the show.

I enjoyed Ovations, the restaurant on site, last year and will be eating there again this year before the show. But as you can read some folks have not been so happy with the place. I found that eating right there made the experience longer and a bit more complete but that's only my opinion. There were four of us last year and no major complaints. But leave ample time if you decide to try it.

The casual food stands and t-shirt shops were well placed and my wife got a great Wolf Trap shirt last year. My aunt saw it at the beach last week and asked us to pick one up for her.

Please try and get to your seat on-time or early. Last year there were a bunch of people who acted like they had never been out in public before, LOL and made quite a noisy scene realizing their seats were not exactly where they had anticipated. The ushers can help a lot better before the music starts.

My wife and I and ELizabeth from here will be in the third row in the pit. Hope to see you for our group picture ??? How about we take a nice shot in front of the stage where it should be cooler ?

If I missed anything let me know.

Bill

Oh ! The bathrooms were clean and large.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #10
spanishmoss

Bill,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give me some information on Wolf Trap. I had some car trouble on the way, but I made it to my seat at 7:55 p.m. I was sitting in the Center Box (102)...I thought the seats were great, but the heat and humidity were terrible. I am very glad that I finally got to see Gord live....I have been enjoying his music since the early 70's. I know I did not see vintage Gord....his voice is not what it used to be...but he put on a great show despite the uncomfortable weather. (I can't imagine how warm it must have been on the stage under the lights) I am dragging today at work(got home about 2 a.m)
Thank you again for all the information!
Frank.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:16 PM   #11
ELizabeth

The concert at WT last night was in some respects great and in others not so great. The not so great part was the heat. It must have been 94 or 95 degrees in the ampitheater. The good part was the music. GL was in very good voice and spirits. He didn't even break a sweat. I didn't get a set list...too hot to write. I had a delightful dinner w/ BillW and Lizanne and Lavender and JBT76 (?). Dinner was lots of fun despite the heat. Hope we can do it again next year (w/o the heat).
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote